Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Main idea: Removing head armor from TFU

Description: remove head armor to allow 1 hit headshots

Pros:
  • More even playing field
  • less complaints on 'TFU OP'

Cons:

Made this due to the amount of complaints of TFU being over powered - if anyone has a better suggestion feel free to mention it in the replies and I'l edit the post. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think TFU is fine as it is, the PD as a whole needs buffs not nerfs. The entire point is that people are more scared of TFU now than they were of SWAT before, which is a step in the right direction in my eyes.

Reaction score
I think TFU is fine as it is, the PD as a whole needs buffs not nerfs. The entire point is that people are more scared of TFU now than they were of SWAT before, which is a step in the right direction in my eyes.
TFU is fine? raids are basically non existent at peak times and people refuse to play due to TFU?
[DOUBLEPOST=1502730605,1502730565][/DOUBLEPOST]*Wears a cap* *takes 3 AK shots to the head*

Reaction score
idk but it doesnt seem realistic for a tfu not to have a helmet in real life...since the recoil is fixed (im guessing) the head armor should stay the same actually 4 shot to the head is ridiculous i think 2 should be fine tbh.

Reaction score
TFU has the current playermodel because of the fact that the head gear one is not complete, this is just a full gear temporary, it will be changed when the new one gets added, so at the moment it's the way it is to simply make TFU non shite. (They have as much armour as before)

Reaction score
f83923367c3d351d8186ea62a2d7e697.png

Now this is a very rough 2 minute job of a good design for regular patrolling TFO. This is implying the use of the two types of TFU in the next update for this division where officers will regularly patrol with elevated armour levels and there will be a fully armoured version that will use a much more heavily armoured version with less weak points. Currently, I don't think a bullet to a helmet would not knock someone unconscious or at least completely stun them, it still feels like you're being hit with a hammer when you're shot. A possible idea for these helmets is to give them a stunned effect, similar to the nightstick stun, you'll be disorentated. This would surely decrease the effectiveness of TFU in a firefight if they're shot in their bullet proof helmet.

tl;dr:
  • make tfu stunned if they get headshot
  • change the armour rating on different areas of the hit box.
  • make them less effective when shot int the head
  • being hit with a bullet shouldn't leave you as an accurate terminator in a gunfight

Reaction score
To be fully honest, I like how people are afraid of TFU, it discourages carelessness and makes it so you really have to be sure if you want to go through with that raid.

Reaction score
TFU player models don't even have a helmet, only a baret. This baret can't be accepted to do the same as a bullet-proof helmet. Let's be honest; unless the TFUs are using Invisible-Alien-HeadArmor, then this is highly unrealistic and it should be correctly ajusted to the current playermodel.
[DOUBLEPOST=1502738414,1502738128][/DOUBLEPOST]
TFU player models don't even have a helmet, only a baret. This baret can't be accepted to do the same as a bullet-proof helmet. Let's be honest; unless the TFUs are using Invisible-Alien-HeadArmor, then this is highly unrealistic and it should be correctly ajusted to the current playermodel.
I did, but still. I'm just highlighting the need of realism. This is just not good enough for such a serious-RP server.

Reaction score
Civ's have access to the most powerful weapons such as AWM and M82, those are 1 shot 1 kill SWAT even to the chest. SR-25 is 1 shot 1 kill to the head vs TFU, a semi auto 10 round rifle.

Stop cheapscating out and use real weapons against enemy's with armor is my suggestion.

Reaction score
From what I have heard a while ago (which may be true or not, not too sure) the TFU armour currently is what is going to be the "Light Armour" for Officers whitelisted as TFU in the future, meaning that they will receive this over the standard officer's uniform when going on-duty. The "Heavy Armour" is similar to that of the S.W.A.T armour before TFU was a thing, so that would include the helmet.

Again, I'm unsure whether or not that is true so maybe @Blicky could shed some light on this?

Reaction score
After doing a quick bit of testing, here are the results.

giphy.gif

I am quite surprised at this, as as far as we knew the armour was exactly the same from the old SWAT system and player-models. This change most probably came with the new player-models. I'll try my best to get this fixed so that it should be a one shot kill with buckshot, rifle ammo and sniper ammo. However body shots are going to remain the same with all weapons.

*UPDATE* 15/08/20179 - 13:41

d587042373.png

Now just need @StephenPuffs to fix :booty:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score

giphy.gif

I am quite surprised at this, as as far as we knew the armour was exactly the same from the old SWAT system and player-models. This change most probably came with the new player-models. I'll try my best to get this fixed so that it should be a one shot kill with buckshot, rifle ammo and sniper ammo. However body shots are going to remain the same with all weapons.

d587042373.png

What kind of AK is the one in the .gif?

rat

Reaction score
In my humblest of opinions, I think to respond to the huge officer fatality rate officers should have their guns replaced with banana and their body armour replaced with hi-viz jackets with "please shoot me" on the back.

Reaction score
This cannot be unrealistic, a helmet doesn't have protection at the front of the face, but this would make the difference between a TFU and a normal civilian alot more balanced, so i agree with this, and i never knew when TFU wear hats it brings armor to the HEAD?

#Realism?

Reaction score

giphy.gif

d587042373.png

Good to see a bug has clearly been found :) @Nade Alardin and Dom been doing testing too, funny about the disagrees tho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.