Removing names from doors for everyone (including Police)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/showing-names-on-doors.18368/#post-126418
MODERATOR EDIT: https://perpheads.com/threads/police-wouldnt-be-able-to-see-names-on-doors.18455/

Main Idea: Remove the ability of Officers to see the name of the owner of a property

Full description of the idea:
The reason why the LEOs are able to see the owner's name at the doors was to identify suspects, warranted people etc. Now that the police computer is here though this is pointless and I would vote for it to get removed completely.

Why should it be added?: Everyone in the discussion agreed with the above sentence, plus is very unrealistic that only police officers can see that name looking at the door, if the name was written next to it everyone should be able to see it, by the way this would cause only more problems, and many people doesn't have their name written next to the door, so it's better to remove the names completely.

Pros:
  • It would increase the police computer usage if officers actually have to look on their computer instead of having the name written on the door;
  • please suggest other pros with your opinion if you have any.

Cons:
  • For the officers might be a pain to always have to look at the computer to check who owns a property;
  • It will be no longer possible to check the owner of some properties like church, some of the hicktown trailers etc. https://github.com/syl0r/Perpheads-Issues/issues/348
  • please suggest other cons with your opinion if you have any.

*Other additions: @Crazygecko and @Thomas DeSimone suggested to remove also the ability to everyone but government employees to check whether a property is owned or not
I think doors should only display the name of the property and obscure information on whether it's owned to everyone but government players. It would get rid of the metagame-y factor of people searching properties to raid simply by mousing over a door and seeing if its owned or not. It would encourage people to actually scope out people in character to find if the property is owned lest they may risk wasting bobby pins on un-owned property.
Honestly I think all text on doors should be removed. I think it will stop random raiders from going door to door trying to find a red font as a target. Instead have basic common sense and use clues to find out if a place is owned a by who.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
(on phone)
@Sgt.James The discussion I made was about giving police and citizens the same ability about seeing names on doors, because if they are written everyone can read them, if they aren't written then no one should be able to to see them. But I had to choose one of the 2 options to follow the format, so I choosed the most logic for an Italian, until I found out everyone was disagreeing.
So basically the discussion is about this idea.
@*silenT As you can see by the link I made a discussion. If that's an accusation please make an action request in the appropriate forum section

Reaction score
Thomas DeSimone said:
Honestly I think all text on doors should be removed. I think it will stop random raiders from going door to door trying to find a red font as a target. Instead have basic common sense and use clues to find out if a place is owned a by who.

Nah thanks, realisticly i would see curtains, light's, not a "for sale sign" outside, and furniture(There's enough people who base without props or defenses).

Im neutral on it now
  • It would increase the police computer usage if officers actually have to look on their computer instead of having the name written on the door;
  • please suggest other pros with your opinion if you have any.
We already do this? Wether we search up the property or type up the name of the owner, same time.

Actually, im against this.

There's a bug which cause and fix is unkown, that sometimes doesn't show a property being owned by anybody or the incorrect person.
Seing the name on the door is still quite needed.

Reaction score
Denied.
I just don't see a good way to solve many issues with the idea. Raiding (by players) currently only works because you can see if a door is owned and we already (at least from my experience) have almost no civilian raids going on anymore. This idea would discourage civilian raids, which are clearly part of perp, even further to the point of making them almost impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.