Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Not able to see if a door is owned

Short explanation (in notes):
- Not able to see if a door is owned by looking at it
- When people are raiding, currently they 'magically' know that the house is owned, but if this suggestion is implemented, they might raid an unowned home, this is more realistic.
-

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
It shouldn't be possible to find out if a door is owned just by looking at it, I think this gives raiders an unfair advantage.

Optional additions:
- police can no longer see names on the doors and can use the property search function in the police computer instead -Tyla

Last edited:
Reaction score
I fully support this idea. It should be down to the 'raiders' to find out if the property is owned or not, by doing some reconnaissance or listening rather than just going round door to door and seeing if it's owned by looking at the door.

Reaction score
I do agree, and how it should be is

If officers show up to a door to raid, the properties will be listed on the database or have to go to bank to check on NPCs.

Reaction score
This is already a thing, but it's optional.
If you press F1, go to Options, then look at the tick-boxes, you can find something which says something along the lines of "See owners on doors" or something like that.
But anyway, it IS a bit OP for people to just instantly know if a house is owned or not, so +Support

Reaction score
I dunno... there are often plenty of stuff IRL showing if a residence is owned or not. Door mats, signs by apt. doors, and as mentioned above, no for sale signs, which most unowned properties probably would have.

Reaction score
Its a good concept however I don't know if it will work in game. Unless the people inside a house are walking about people won't know if its unowned. Most of the time people afk growing will just stand in one place.

Reaction score
"Realistically" most of the properties would be owned as it is in the middle of the city though, and the current system prevents people from continiously breaking into empty properties. If this suggestion was implemented, I can easily imagine people going from property to property to break into them just to realize they are empty. Leaving most properties in Paralake with open doors. I can also imagine players intentionally not placing anything within their properties in order to make it look like it's unowned and have people go away, when realistically, a property someone lives in, would have indications that it is owned. However, due to the nature of Garry's Mod, prop limit and so on, indications that a property is owned is not the same as they would have been in real life due to different details and alike.

Reaction score
Seems like it could work to me but also if this is added an optional addition could be that: police can no longer see names on the doors and can use the property search function in the police computer instead?

Reaction score
I support this idea because then the raiders will have to do a bit more planning on what house/apartment they are going to raid and how they should do so, this meaning that they should be more aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.