Replace or Improve the Monorail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post:
Main Idea:
Replace or Upgrade the Monorail System to be more realistic and to be better accessible in all locations and to be graphically improved.

Full description of the idea:
Should we really punish people for not having cars? Everyday I use Public Transport and to me it is actually an enjoyable experience. Why should I not be able to enjoy it the same way in PERP? Most people hate public transport so imagine what it must feel like for them to come to PERP and hate it even more (surely about 10x times more than in real life). People often call me out for being stupid for comparing PERP to real life, but if something is funner in Real Life than it is in a game then there is something surely wrong with the system in place.

Aesthetically and Audibly the Monorail is unrealistic and boring. The track and rail system is pants and it is not a very immersive experience. There are good examples of how to make a good realistic transportation system in Garry's Mod with the likes of Metrostroi. Yes it is laggy and over-complicated but it can be used as an example of how to at least improve passenger atmosphere on a simulation of public transport. I can't even use my breath to call this example of a monorail a train car as it is more like an UFO; An object that nobody has actually ever been able to prove in seeing.

Location wise the monorail is hard to get to and is frustrating to use. When I didn't have a car I would rather run across the highway than use the monorail despite the risks of being killed, arrested or punished to by staff. It take TOO long to access and this is hindered by the waiting time. Why should access be hindered when I have to wait for the train anyway? This would be a balance between owning a car and taking public transport.

I'd also like to traditionally add that I believe this is why this community sometimes struggles to get more attention because I know too many people who have tried this gamemode with myself and have been annoyed due to the inability to easily access other more enjoyable parts of the map due to the lengths they need to go to to get to them specific locations.

Make the monorail at least a proper subway system or a decent equivalent :

Why should it be added?: To make transport easier and more efficient and also make it slightly more enjoyable.

Pros:
  • More Realistic Transport
  • Will get a larger increase in use and will enhance the look of the map.
  • Will improve gameplay experience for newer members
Cons:
  • Could be challenging and time consuming depending on how you approach this.
  • Would need to be optimized enough to not deeply impact the performance of all the players computers

Reaction score
I would like to see that being an automatic one such as the monorail but I think It will be pretty difficult to implement due to people driving on the road or where you plan on putting it. if It was a job, on the other hand, it will just turn out like the taxi job and courier, people will be constantly using it for a few weeks and then it will die and people will never be using it.

Reaction score
>Be bus driver
>Get bored
>Take 12 people hostage in an insane car chase
>Police can't shoot tires
>Police cannot handle the situation without putting the passengers lives at risk

Now imagine this but daily, but on the other hand, people misbehaving shouldn't cost the rest of the server a possible new job so I'm on the fence.

Reaction score
Denied

As for now the monorail will remain how it is, as we have other priorities at the moment. It might however see some changes in the distant future.

Status
Not open for further replies.