Server Suggestion Replace VW Beetle with Chevrolet C10 as the reward.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Replace VW Beetle with Chevrolet C10 as the reward.
Suggestion Description: My idea is to replace the current reward for joining discord (VW Beetle 1967) with the Chevrolet C10. I think this would benefit players in multiple ways instead of getting a car with almost identical specs as the Mini Cooper.

Those benefits are:
- a slightly faster car,
- 3 seats,
- a big flat bed, allowing them to transport planters, etc.
- bigger trunk

Why should this be added?:
- Giving new players a more versatile vehicle instead of having two very similar cars.

What negatives could this have?:
- New players getting a slightly more expensive car
- New players standing in the flat bed of the moving C10 and dying

Useful Images:

Reaction score
As someone who didn't actually claim my beetle because of the fact that its almost identical to the mini cooper, i support this as it has a lot more versilitility then the VW and actually gives a reason to get the reward. Although it make cause a Rise in the amount of ppl getting killed by the trucks, i don't think this will be that big of an issue though.

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s necessary to give a pickup truck to new players.

If they want one they can buy one, it’s like an hours job wage to get to that point and we have an abundance of lesser knowledgeable on source engine fuckery players who are throwing bodies into the back of it en masse and wondering why there game is suddenly lagging a lot whenever they drive.

The ability to transport planters and items should be something players purchase. The pickup Truck is too beneficial to give out for free, and it also serves less purpose as it’s harder to drive around than mini coopers and beetles and gets stuck on world entities and parts of the map easier than the aforementioned cars.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd rather give them the Volvo 242 to be fair. I think Bnej is correct that giving people access to transporting planters straight off the bat is weird (especially since they don't know the rules around it) but the volvo is such a basic car, but it helps getting around.

Reaction score
I'd rather give them the Volvo 242 to be fair. I think Bnej is correct that giving people access to transporting planters straight off the bat is weird (especially since they don't know the rules around it) but the volvo is such a basic car, but it helps getting around.
Chevrolet spark would be better imho as it’s less goofy looking, I think I already have an active suggestion regarding giving new players the ability to choose between a spark and a Volvo 242 instead of these weird goofy ahh vintage cars

Reaction score
  • Staff
If they want one they can buy one, it’s like an hours job
Same could be said above cars in your suggestion and if the cars can be bought after playing a job just makes it more available to anyone who doesn't get it from a reward and not that op.
and we have an abundance of lesser knowledgeable on source engine fuckery players who are throwing bodies into the back of it en masse and wondering why there game is suddenly lagging a lot whenever they drive.
Is this an actual issue, though? I feel like more people will lag the server just by stacking bunch of crafted items at their shops.

As for the the planters, I said that as a more of an example, but I'm yet to see a newbie transporting drugs in a pickup or transit. And even the issue that exists with vans, where you can just put the van against a wall and grow drugs can be easily solved by other players taking said drugs or then being confiscated.

The C10 also has better acceleration and speed better for climbing the sub ramps as mentioned in your suggestion.

Reaction score
C10 is too op, I argue it's better if New Players actually put some effort into learning the game and get the car the real way instead of just getting a great utility vehicle for basically free.