Server Suggestion Rework Sprinting

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Rework Sprinting
Suggestion Description: Sprinting should be either direction locked with a cooldown phase at the end that prevents rapid movement/turning and/or have the turning rate/jumping rate while sprinting adjusted to prevent people from water dancing away from my BOOLET (at least while holding a weapon or fists up. if you're empty handed and only focused on running doin a little serpentine makes more sense)

like seriously it's really annoying and common. coding in realistic movement would make firefights a lot more strategic and enjoyable when the winner is determined by aim, positioning and tactics instead of who can hit the alt and move their mouse around the most.

Why should this be added?:
- Realistic movement is really important for plausible and immersive firefights

- Would prevent a lot of rulebreaks since I bet a lot of people are doing it more out of panic and muscle memory from other games rather than intentionally

- People with shitty computers (me) and inconsistent/low framerates can't really counter this with good aim since the gamemode is really resource intensive even with lowest settings and computer optimisation.

What negatives could this have?:
- Could make movement more awkward while people adjust to it

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes please, maybe not lock it tho.

I got fucked twice in bazaar trying to assassinate someone because I suck + They start running like a headless chicken and it's pretty stupid.

Reaction score
yh i have to admit this will take some playtesting to implement correctly and it's really up to the devs but this version of PERP is so well designed it deserves a more polished movement system

Max

Reaction score
changing the movement system will only lead to more annoying problems, I would rather something along the lines of staff cracking down on people who abuse movement in shootouts

Reaction score
In a better world man... The sheer volume of this kinda shit makes it really hard for staff to grab enough of these people to make them stop. Also imagine having to report/AR EVERYONE who does this; would acc give me a stroke.

What problems do you think would come about?