Road Traffic Unit - Concerns & Questions

Reaction score
Hello,

It's been brought to our attention that some people have some concerns/questions about the Road Traffic Unit and it seems these have never been properly brought forward or addressed. We are opening this post to allow people to directly send us their questions or concerns about the division. We will only be taking on any serious replies if you wish to send your response in privately please do so in a PM towards @Mimball and me.

We aim to have most of these responded to within 24 hours of the reply

Regards,
Traffic Command

Deleted member 4116

Explain to me why the new RTU car or whatever is faster than a stock tesla? How is this fair against lower-tier cars, for example, new players won't have a chance in a chase or anything.

Reaction score
Newer players wouldn't stand a chance against the previous RTU cars either..

Deleted member 4116

What about the normal officer car the dodge one? Did it get buffed it was keeping up with tesla

Reaction score
Just to clarify, it was a patrol car the officer was driving and it is 12 MPH slower than a stock Tesla

Edit: I believe the speed is wrong here

Last edited:
Reaction score
The vehicle is not faster than the stock tesla, however how you drive the vehicle matters. For example how you initiate and execute corners, if you know your racing lines and how to actually take corners you can save speed. I believe you're saying this because I was able to keep up with you in the 2012 charger my advice... Be a better driver.

Deleted member 4116

I'm a good enough driver but on a straight road they were keeping up and a lot of people informed me they got buffed

Deleted member 4116

@Sabre how would they be able to keep the same distance on a road without turn or bumps, etc. I'm 99% sure they got buffed because I've had a lot of chases and I lose them when I hit 90 but now he was just behind me the whole time. We can probably test this on the server some day.

Reaction score
@Sossa
Police Dodge Charger 2012 goes 90
BMW 340i goes 84
VCIYHO7.png

Deleted member 4116

@McGlinchy yeah I guessed it right the Dodge Charger did get a buff, I already knew the 340i was 86 MPH but didn't know about the Charger.

Sam

Reaction score
@Sossa What do you mean by "I'm 99% sure they got buffed"? Car speeds and handling have not been touched for the past 6 months.