Roadcrew Callout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic:
Make a RC designated advert.

Short explanation (in notes):
- System that allows RC to callout vehicles
-Look at a car and use a SWEP or a command and it'll make a thing that says the car
-

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
The RC have never had a way to call out to people to collect their cars other than /advert, well with this system this will no longer be a problem. (Example [Roadcrew] I have a Toyota Prius owned by Aidan Logue at the impound!) This way RC have a free way of telling people their car has been towed.

Optional additions:
-Make a SWEP to do it
-Modify car boot so right-click does this
-Make a timer per-car so it isn't spammed
-Make a system where the RC sets a price on the car so when the person arrives they don't have to wait for RC to get back

Reaction score
i haven't played in the server for a few weeks but if im not mistaken the roadcrew can use /roadcrew, say a message and everyone on the server will see it, correct me if im wrong please

Reaction score
Topic:
Make a RC designated advert.

Short explanation (in notes):
- System that allows RC to callout vehicles
-Look at a car and use a SWEP or a command and it'll make a thing that says the car
-

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
The RC have never had a way to call out to people to collect their cars other than /advert, well with this system this will no longer be a problem. (Example [Roadcrew] I have a Toyota Prius owned by Aidan Logue at the impound!) This way RC have a free way of telling people their car has been towed.

Optional additions:
-Make a SWEP to do it
-Modify car boot so right-click does this
-Make a timer per-car so it isn't spammed
-Make a system where the RC sets a price on the car so when the person arrives they don't have to wait for RC to get back

As a police officer, when you try to ticket a broken down car it will automatically transmit a message in the /rc chat with the following information:"There is a broken x in the y" (replace x with car and model, replace y with location).A similiar system for citizens would be nice, like a purchasable upgrade for your car that calls out roadcrew to your location every time something happens to your car.A kind of message system would be also nice, like an onboard phone number which is only accesible for Police Officers and Roadcrew workers that can contact the owner of the cars by either sending a text message or phoning them and giving a report, on wheter their car has been impounded, crashed, catched fire etc.

Either way, you got my +Support on this idea/suggestion.

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what the gain here is if I'm frank, I may admit people don't pay close attention to the text chat so they'll more than likely miss when their car is announced via /advert. However, I feel as though people having easy access to other's phone numbers without their consent is not a good system either. (That is to say I'm not happy with adding to buddies automatically gains their phone number too). Also citywide adverts mentioning a car has been impounded seems a bit extreme and unrealistic in my opinion. So that said, when we introduce player IDs and car license plates, it will be possible perhaps to find out a phone number of a player or at least a number which would call them without giving away actual number, unless we allow for a way to change your number (TBD). You at least would be able to determine who the owner is and create an advert for them, so perhaps like delivery or taxi, we should allow for free /adverts from road crew. Also I feel as though when people call roadcrew via /roadcrew or /rc they should also provide their number so the road crew can easily get a hold of them to give them an estimated time of arrival.

If it is not mentioned anywhere (which it may have been omitted from the change log, if so OOPS) after this latest update you can call #565 and it will call randomly one of the road crew who are currently in service, however if they do not have a phone this will not work obviously. So assuming they do, you can phone the road crew and ask if they have a certain car impounded rather easily. If not I would suggest you take a trip to town and see if they have collected your car for yourself.

As for having an automated advert to the entire city I see as unnecessary and having a direct message to one person without use of a phone I also see as unnecessary. Consider what I have said in this post carefully though and be sure to use what features what we already include to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.