Server Suggestion Evidence Photos for RC Impounds

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Evidence Photos for RC Impounds
Suggestion Description: My suggestion is to add some sort of feature where after trying to impound a vehicle, an RC worker would be greeted with a prompt to take a photo of the vehicle in its current position showing why it's being impounded.

It could also be a neat addition to have a little reason alongside if necessary where it could provide additional context in case the photo doesn't do the explanation justice (i.e - Officer requested this parked vehicle to be impounded due to the driver consistently driving recklessly.)

It would be cool if these pictures would show up on the SCAM menu in game or just in logs so that staff members can quickly deal with someone being accused of illegally impounding a car.

Why should this be added?:
- More accountability for RC Workers
- People can have better information and evidence in case they believe it was impounded without reason.
- Easier for staff to deal with roadcrew workers going around impounding random cars which has been occurring more frequently than usual.

What negatives could this have?:
- Arguably tedious precaution for RC workers
-Can't think of more, will add if anyone presents some.

Reaction score
  • Staff
A log that enters the PD computer would probally be an easier way of doing this. Roadcrew clicks impound and writes in a box why. Such as blocking road, pd requested, crime, or etc.

I would prefer a picture, which is the premises on which this suggestion was made. Staff should also have access to this wherever it is stored

Reaction score
I feel like there should also be a agreement checkbox thing one has to do everytime when impounding a car just to affirm that when they legally are obligated to call police before impounding that they have and they acknowledge they have otherwise they are liable to punishment.

Reaction score
I would prefer a picture, which is the premises on which this suggestion was made. Staff should also have access to this wherever it is stored
It would be nice but that'd be alot of data to store for the server and transmit hence my more simplistic counter idea. If we can confidently handle it however I say go for it but I worry about it slowing the pd computer/etc down.

Reaction score
  • Staff

Thank you, I knew something similar was suggested and I couldn't find it after several searches.