Role-play Developement

Reaction score
Hey, I have been working on a game based of Arma 3 alits life and arma 3 life. How ever around 3 years ago i used to play PerpHeads and at that time i had a lot of fun. But since then there hasent been many changes apart from map. Also you can tell that the source engine was never made for this type of game. (Lags, Delays so on). I would like to make a similar standalone game based upon Perp and Arma 3 altis life.

I would also like to get ideas for the game features. So far the game is in its early stages and next week i am hoping to post the first update log of what has been made so far. How ever i dont want any ideas that request Cars, Weapons and so on. I would like ideas on how to reduce Meta-gaming, RDM and so on.

Current ideas that are made/ WIP -
Teamspeak communication - The game will require teamspeak to run. based upon Task Force Radio where all users need to be in one teamspeak server and one channel other wise you will be disconnected/ banned from the server. I would like to take the same concept on to the standalone game in order to reduce Meta-gaming and improve voice Codex.

Advanced log system - The game anti-cheat will Log users every single move and action in order to catch cheaters, exploiters and sort out reports. The game it self will have most of its variables stored server side (Just like Perpheads does) in order to reduce the risk of cheat engine and memory editors. The game will also log Inventory, Money (Income, profit and loss, current money), AFK, Location (changes and current), actions (Buying something or getting in a car), Killing and running some one over.

Vehicle system - I would like to add a lot of realism with this type of system. The car mechanic will have to actually physically get car wheels, Engine and so on in order to repair the car and not only go and smash his wrench at the car. This will give the mechanic a little more to do so he does not have to sit AFK and wait for a request. The heli copters and planes will be based upon real physics or at least be similar to arma 3 flying. Although the map wont be big i would like to add a commercial air plane that can fly to different maps ( Countries in game form) but this system will be made towords the beta release of the game.

Bank and shops systems - The bank system would be similar to the perps bank although If a property is brought it will no longer display that it was sold for citizens where as the police would be enable to check who has brought the selected house. Also i would like to allow Loans; They would allow you to borrow x amount that will automatically be taken from your bank account if you dont have any money you would start going in a bigger debt. Shops would be NPC based.

Money making - Making money in Perp is hard because the only way to get money is by either growing drugs or having a job. I would like to re do the whole system and base that upon arma 3. Where you can be a citizen and mine resources which if you own a license you can process and sell with a live market system. so far i have integrated oil, apples, peaches, diamonds, copper and silver/tin. There will also be jobs how ever i haven't got to the stage of making them but i will definitely add the following Police, Taxi, Mayor, Bus Driver (This used to be in old perp), Delivery, Own Business (You will be enable to open your own Copper/ Diamond business with employees the more wealthy your business is the more employees you can hire.)

I would like to take more ideas in order to improve the game it self and hopefully next week i will be enable to show what i have made so far. if you have any questions please ask. Also tell me if you would be interested in actually trying the game out soon.

If any one is wondering i am currently using Unreal Engine 4. Because it supports C++ also has support for nice graphics.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don't use teamspeak communication its very bad.
Why is that? The way i coded it at the moment is when the game starts a hidden process of teamspeak starts up. If another teamspeak is detected it will give a warning in game. If its not a good idea i can start working on a in game codex but i would need another idea in order to reduce meta-gaming. I was thinking of coding in some kind of overwatch/ demo system but at the moment that would ruin FPS for lower Spec computers.