RP Dead: A Discussion

Reaction score
Very poorly engineered you need more supports! Sanders Engineering Inc. will be erecting a foot bridge from intersection over to docks in the coming week fear not!!! (Family Friendly Foot Bridge of course, it will be insanely realistic.)

Reaction score
excuse ME!? RP's not dead at all?

This week alone I together with other staff members created multiple RP scenarios such as: the entire Paralake vs. Russians thing , an entire crime scene out of our own pocket so either criminals could steal the stuff or cops could investigate it and do some proper RP that way, I started my own cult and some other smaller things. these are all things that involved multiple community members which all enjoyed it (to some extent).

I am also actively looking for people that RP and deserve an award for what they have done. and I see potential candidates every day. I review them with other (staff) members and they tell me things they have seen and people they think deserve a reward for their efforts. this is all done to create an incentive to RP again.

don't get me wrong, this reply is not a "look im a good staff man praise me into heaven" thing. it's rather evidence that the majority of the staff team heavily endorses RP.

just because your wooden car bridge did not get allowed does not mean we do not allow other stuff, besides the staff member that did not allow it provided his reasoning already.

there are so many things you can do with RP to involve other people without constructing things, wether it be a DUI, Corona tests or any other things.

Reaction score
I wouldn't call RP "Dead"

Don't get me wrong there is a lot of Crim VS Cop shootouts, and I do enjoy that but there have also been multiple RP situations recently that I have really enjoyed. We had one today which involved a bombing across the city involving @LEWIS 088 and @Hayden (Others were there but the main people involved) They set up a very nice situation which was ongoing for ages, there was a set of obstacles we had to overcome whilst trying to neutralize the threat of the whole city being bombed. I would like to thank them both, and the other people involved in creating the situation to what it was, it was a very nice bit of police RP, and all though many people didn't partake in it (Other police officers) it was really nice to see something other than Cops VS Crim shootouts.

They later both did a hostage store robbery situation with @Alliat @BigBenji which involved me, @DJ Conyo , and @nutrient10 becoming hostages along with the NPC's inside uncle cos. This situation wasn't as successful, but I still really did enjoy it and wouldn't mind seeing more of this. It proposes situations that you rarely see on Perp and it makes people have to have a proper thing on what to do.

I also have seen countless other staff doing scenarios, and all though I haven't really been apart of them, I have seen other community members enjoying them. Its good to see players creating their own situations and having to roleplay the scenarios out and hopefully, this happens more often so I can partake in more!

Some places take situations too far, and whilst they thinking they are doing a "Roleplay Situation" it just becomes a headache and pain for the whole server which is why I believe staff intervene

As players seeing staff do this, hopefully, they take this into their own hands making situations just like this. Obviously there will be restrictions on what they can do, but hopefully, they are more open-minded to creating situations which are above the norm

Reaction score
My favourite kinds of situations on PERP to partake in as criminal is heated encounters with the police where we have gained leverage on them, such as hostage sits, etc. Where they’re forced to try playing smart or passively in order to preserve the peace. I get into a few of these a week but sadly cops have the general patience and attention span of a fruit fly that hasn’t eaten in 5 minutes and seem to only want shootouts with free guns.

An example of this was a hostage situation yesterday where [REDACTED] decided to run over and kill our hostage whilst the other hostages were literally gunned down by cops.