Rule Suggestion (2.1 Play Realistically)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gleecey

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Suggestion Topic: 2.1 Play Realistically
Suggestion Description: Please elaborate on the "exceptions can be made where appropriate" section in the rules, I was permanently banned for taking drugs in game and making bad decisions. If roleplaying realistically as a schizophrenic crackhead with a weapon is not an exception, and its grounds to permanently banning people, even if in my case I may have broken parts of 3.4. The portion about "exceptions" in rule 2.1 can be misconstrued and create more cases like mine. I was initially going to create a dispute about my case for making a change to this rule. But I have considered I will probably have less of a chance of being unbanned if I do that instead of suggesting what confused me in the first place.

Why should this be added?:
Because it fucking got me banned

What negatives could this have?:
Literally no negatives, make it clear that DrugRP is not an exception to shooting around and being manic even if it means that one is not "playing realistically"

• Funny
Reactions: R3D
You should read 2.5, it wouldn’t be appropriate to cover up what you literally described as mass rdm. If you’re going to act like a crazy man, don’t drag other people into your bullshit where it’d negatively impact their gameplay to where its just completely disproportionate.

Creating a dispute does not decrease any chances of appeal as the banning staff member does not make the decision, a ban appeal are handled by the person who banned you which was A1L in your case.

You should read 2.5, it wouldn’t be appropriate to cover up what you literally described as mass rdm. If you’re going to act like a crazy man, don’t drag other people into your bullshit where it’d negatively impact their gameplay to where its just completely disproportionate.

Creating a dispute does not decrease any chances of appeal as the banning staff member does not make the decision, a ban appeal are handled by the person who banned you which was A1L in your case.
I reviewed the rules, word by word. I am impartial to what you said because you are describing my situation but regardless my actions are not proportional to the suggestion I made. I also know better than to create a dispute when I already admitted fault.

In short I agree, and I appreciate your correction. I just think it's still a part of 2.1 they should change, "exceptions" is a broad term

Typically for an exception you would need to ask for prior approval, and I can guarantee what you describe as “DrugRP” would not have been allowed - not for 2.1, as you can indeed be on drugs and have a weapon within the gamemode, but instead for 2.5 Excessive Negativity for negatively impacting several players’ experience without reason.

2.1 is a general rule often used to combat actions that are not realistic due to the limitations of the game, for example trying to break someone out of cuffs while an officer is dragging them would be unrealistic

Typically for an exception you would need to ask for prior approval, and I can guarantee what you describe as “DrugRP” would not have been allowed - not for 2.1, as you can indeed be on drugs and have a weapon within the gamemode, but instead for 2.5 Excessive Negativity for negatively impacting several players’ experience without reason.

2.1 is a general rule often used to combat actions that are not realistic due to the limitations of the game, for example trying to break someone out of cuffs while an officer is dragging them would be unrealistic
A few people may have caught strays but I wouldn't consider it excessive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back