Rule Suggestion (3.4 Putting your Life at Risk)

Reaction score
Suggestion Topic: 3.4 Putting your Life at Risk
Suggestion Description: Currently a ton of people run up to players with guns in their hands in an attempt to mug them. I feel like it should be to 3.4 to attempt to mug someone if they already have a gun in their hands. If you're running up to someone to mug them and you visually see they have a gun.

Why should this be added?:
- This would stop the amount of times people just run up to you and shoot you in a back alley by baiting you with saying "drop your gun" while still having a gun in your hand and then immediately start shooting.
- Would add a layer to mugging RP instead of just mind numbingly running up to someone to rob them cause they're in a back alley, you would be forced to scout them out and see if you reasonably could get the jump on them.

What negatives could this have?:
- It could make it very difficult to mug other players.

Reaction score
Perhaps it could be added to the general guidelines page for putting your life at risk but it is already enforced for the most part in that way.

Attempting to mug someone who is visibly armed is putting your life at risk.

Reaction score
Perhaps it could be added to the general guidelines page for putting your life at risk but it is already enforced for the most part in that way.

Fair enough I honestly assumed it was covered but its happened to me and other people I know probably 10+ times this week. It for sure would be beneficial outlining it in the rules that it's not allowed.

Reaction score

Except it isn't against the rules - regardless if they have a gun or not, you should be able to attempt to mug them. Of course you are putting your life at risk - but you do the same while raiding occupants of a house regardless if they are armed or not and if you know it. You have their items and gun to gain, if you want to mug them.

- This would stop the amount of times people just run up to you and shoot you in a back alley by baiting you with saying "drop your gun" while still having a gun in your hand and then immediately start shooting.

This is 2.5, they must give you ample time to surrender and process the situation, otherwise they cannot shoot you. If you respond by raising your gun to shoot them, it's free game. If you follow the muggers commands, you cannot be shot.

Reaction score
This is 2.5, they must give you ample time to surrender and process the situation, otherwise they cannot shoot you. If you respond by raising your gun to shoot them, it's free game. If you follow the muggers commands, you cannot be shot.
So by this logic you have to allow the person to have a few seconds to kill you? That seems like 3.4 or just out right 2.5 baiting a kill like that.

Reaction score
Except it isn't against the rules - regardless if they have a gun or not, you should be able to attempt to mug them. Of course you are putting your life at risk - but you do the same while raiding occupants of a house regardless if they are armed or not and if you know it. You have their items and gun to gain, if you want to mug them.
As far as I’m aware, players have been punished as recently as 1 month ago for attempting to mug someone who is armed.

Not only is it unrealistic, players should recognize that it will simply end in a shootout 99% of the time.

Maybe some sort of official clarification from senior staff on this would be helpful.

Reaction score
Not only is it unrealistic, players should recognize that it will simply end in a shootout 99% of the time.

Not unrealistic at all. You think a gun keeps you safe from a criminal who wants your possessions or knows you're about to sell a bunch of drugs after you popped up with your transit van and peeked in the trunk?

Raids also lead to shootouts 99% of the time. This is not even an argument to base anything off of. As a mugger you seek them to surrender, so you can rob their items. If they choose to escalate it to a shootout, then they may. That's roleplay and proper escalation after being threatened, if they don't wish to surrender.

Reaction score
Raids also lead to shootouts 99% of the time.
There is a massive difference between initiating shootouts in private properties vs public places. You fundamentally have to follow a completely different 3.4 ruleset in public vs private. For example you wouldn't cook meth in a alley...

Reaction score
At the end of the day I believe it is circumstantial. There are some situations that I would argue it’s justifiable, however in most cases it is 3.4.

Reaction score
A good way to counter this may be with the use of a melee weapon which allows you to knock weapons out of players hands, thanks to a recent change by @TinySlayer