Rule Suggestion (3.4 Putting your Life at Risk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Topic: 3.4 Putting your Life at Risk
Suggestion Description: Add additional example covering what does and does not constitute a valid PD raid.

Why should this be added?:
- Recently I was banned for attempting to free prisoners I was not friends with. My goal was simply to free any prisoners. This benefitted me and my org's goals. However I was banned for this and told I could only do it to free prisoners I did know.

Because the example is not listed and the rules states if it benefits me i can do it, I thought it was acceptable. However the admin did not, stating that again, only freeing friends is allowed. Because the rules were not specific and provided no example I had no idea it was not acceptable.

This is a gap in the rules which resulted in week ban to 2 active players.

What negatives could this have?:
- None, the rules would simply add an example in 3.4 to cover what constitutes a valid PD raid. No downsides present.

Reaction score
I think you misunderstand the rule. You didn't get banned for "invalid PD raid", you got banned because the risk you took heavily outweighed the benefits, and according to the same rule you stated, you must always aim to do otherwise.

On one side, you risk your life and freedom by purposefully breaking into a property that you know hosts police officers, which you should avoid committing crimes around whenever it is possible for the sake of your characters freedom (see same rule). This is the farthest left on the risk scale, as you should always aim to stay alive and free (see 3.4, 3.6).

On the other side, for the small price of your life, you stand to free an individual you never met before in the hopes that he maybe accepts joining your organization. This is equal on what you can get if you started a conversation with a random person on the street and asked them to join.

So while your actions may benefit you, the risk is immensely bigger, and the biggest risk you can take - risking your life entering a shootout against police.
You only have one life, but you can get an organization member in many other ways that would likely be better.

You also do not know their sentences, and rules state that to break someone out, you must do so over a sufficiently serious crime (usually over 7 years, such as murder or similar).

If you have any more questions feel free to message me on my alt account where I accept messages: northnortheast , or on discord, same username.

Reaction score
There is not a gap in the rules, you just wanna shoot cops for little to no reason.

It’s RP - not PVP.

Reaction score

Money’s reply explains perfectly why this has been denied.
I think you misunderstand the rule. You didn't get banned for "invalid PD raid", you got banned because the risk you took heavily outweighed the benefits, and according to the same rule you stated, you must always aim to do otherwise.

On one side, you risk your life and freedom by purposefully breaking into a property that you know hosts police officers, which you should avoid committing crimes around whenever it is possible for the sake of your characters freedom (see same rule). This is the farthest left on the risk scale, as you should always aim to stay alive and free (see 3.4, 3.6).

On the other side, for the small price of your life, you stand to free an individual you never met before in the hopes that he maybe accepts joining your organization. This is equal on what you can get if you started a conversation with a random person on the street and asked them to join.

So while your actions may benefit you, the risk is immensely bigger, and the biggest risk you can take - risking your life entering a shootout against police.
You only have one life, but you can get an organization member in many other ways that would likely be better.

You also do not know their sentences, and rules state that to break someone out, you must do so over a sufficiently serious crime (usually over 7 years, such as murder or similar).

If you have any more questions feel free to message me on my alt account where I accept messages: northnortheast , or on discord, same username.

Status
Not open for further replies.