Rule Suggestion (5.3 Raiding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Topic: 5.3 Raiding
Suggestion Description: the old rule is saying "If a civilian has died whilst raiding a property, they must wait 1 hour after they have respawned before attempting to raid, or assist others in raiding that property"

i think the raider should wait 1h after he start the raid even if he died "mean the timer start when he start the raid"

Why should this be added?:
1. less confused to count the timer like if i raided with 2 of my org member one of them died at the being of the raid and the other one died at the end of the raid mean all of us have different timer

2. less f6 asking to check timer

3. all the raiders will have the same amount of timer and it will be easy to track with f6

4. less rule break

What negatives could this have?:
might increase the raids ?

cant really think of any please add if you have

Last edited:
Reaction score
The timer already begins when the raid starts not when it ends

Unless it’s been recently changed?

Reaction score
since when was it like this? huuh
No, your timer starts when you force a door open/ enter the property/ killing someone to initiate a raid.
read the rule guys 5.3

If a civilian has died whilst raiding a property, they must wait 1 hour after they have respawned before attempting to raid, or assist others in raiding that property

mean if i raided s1 and i died my timer start when i respawn

what im suggestion atm is if i raided s1 and die the timer start when i crowbar the door or start the raid

Reaction score
I thought you talked about normal raid timer, I genuinely can't understand what you trying to say Aloo.

Reaction score
I thought you talked about normal raid timer, I genuinely can't understand what you trying to say Aloo.
The rule is contradicting in a way.

Everybody understands it that the raid timer starts when somebody starts lockpicking/whatever initiates it, but the "same property" part specifies that the timer starts after you die instead.

Reaction score
finally someone understood me

Everybody understands it that the raid timer starts when somebody starts lockpicking/whatever initiates it, but the "same property" part specifies that the timer starts after you die instead.

Reaction score

I mean sure, but lets say you raid Slums. You initiate it by shooting an armed guy through the window and then move in with ur friends to slums 3. It turns into a huge shoot out where both police and flankers turn up to. You die 15 min in but your friends still stuck in Slums and killing cops that keep coming back in waves. after another 30 min the shoot out is completely over. Then it means you can raid the same property only 15 min later.. Which is way too soon.

Reaction score
I mean sure, but lets say you raid Slums. You initiate it by shooting an armed guy through the window and then move in with ur friends to slums 3. It turns into a huge shoot out where both police and flankers turn up to. You die 15 min in but your friends still stuck in Slums and killing cops that keep coming back in waves. after another 30 min the shoot out is completely over. Then it means you can raid the same property only 15 min later.. Which is way too soon.
Tbh its just unlucky for that guy :bag: :woot:

Ary

Reaction score
I agree, it should be 1 hour after the whole scenario is over, not 1 hour after initiation.

Reaction score
No, your timer starts when you force a door open/ enter the property/ killing someone to initiate a raid.
What I don't understand is why it seems like many staff members enforce Raiding as being defined as forcing a door open when the rule terminology is

Raid​

Trespassing on an occupied property with the intention of stealing from it or its occupants or killing the players inside.

Forcing a door open without stepping foot inside as defined by the Rules literally shows that for an act to be counted as a raid the player who broke open the door must enter said property, simply forcing the door open is not defined as a raid in the rulebook.

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why it seems like many staff members enforce Raiding as being defined as forcing a door open when the rule terminology is

Raid​

Trespassing on an occupied property with the intention of stealing from it or its occupants or killing the players inside.

Forcing a door open without stepping foot inside as defined by the Rules literally shows that for an act to be counted as a raid the player who broke open the door must enter said property, simply forcing the door open is not defined as a raid in the rulebook.
In this situation I'm obviously talking about a start of a successful raid, aka a raid that goes to your raid timer. Not if it counts as a raid, so this is completely irrelevant to what was actually discussed.

Reaction score
In this situation I'm obviously talking about a start of a successful raid, aka a raid that goes to your raid timer. Not if it counts as a raid, so this is completely irrelevant to what was actually discussed.
I might've misunderstood. Are you saying Force a door open > Enter the property > Kill the defender as a timeline? I agree my point was off topic but I understood it as saying that if one forces a door open then that starts a raid even if they didn't enter the property. I have had a moderator tell me that is the opinion they hold regarding when a raid is started and this is what made me curious to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.