Police Suggestion Senior Officer Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:
1.Allow Senior Officers to confiscate drugs from planters
2. Allow Senior Officers to breach doors when there aren't any Corporals or above on duty.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
1. Being allowed to take drugs means that if there are no corporals or above on duty the situation can be dealt with quicker and not waste time waiting for an officer to respawn and come back to confiscate.
2.This would allow officers into buildings that suspects are hiding in and help with investigations that would require you to make entry to a certain building.

What potential negatives could this have for the department: The negatives are officers abusing power however we have IA that are perfectly capable of investigating the officer in question.

Other additions:N/A

rat

Reaction score
i agree it's very frustrating to have all cpls+ die in a raid and then SOs are left bag holding for 10m until nlr is done

Reaction score
STILL FUNNY THAT IM A CORPORAL AND ENTRUSTED WITH TFU STILL CAN'T BATTER RAM DOORS WITHOUT A WARRANT

Reaction score
I think Senior Officers should definitely be able to confiscate narcotics, as they can already confiscate everything else.
I am unsure if I would like senior officers entrusted with breaching into buildings however. Senior Officer rank isn't exactly hard to obtain to the point where it would warrant breaching privileges, although I do understand where you are coming from.

Reaction score
Also, the fact that you can get TFU as SO and not be able to confiscate drugs, make broadcasts or battering ram doors when in heavy/light gear is kinda annoying

Reaction score
+1

I 100% agree with Hitman's idea, there is no reason for SO not be able to confiscate drugs when there qre no CPL+ on duty. Actually in the last few days there have been multiple situations where me and Callum were the only ones alive/on and we could do nothing to the drugs except look at them, it makes no sense.

I think Senior Officers should definitely be able to confiscate narcotics, as they can already confiscate everything else.
I am unsure if I would like senior officers entrusted with breaching into buildings however. Senior Officer rank isn't exactly hard to obtain to the point where it would warrant breaching privileges, although I do understand where you are coming from.

About the braching privileges, when no SGT+ or TFU are on duty there is no way for police to breach a building and that, once again, makes no sense at all, SO rank is easy to obtain but I believe that evryone that holds that rank is capable enough to not abuse that power. Plus just as Hitman said, the IA department exists to deal with any exceptions.

Reaction score
About the braching privileges, when no SGT+ or TFU are on duty there is no way for police to breach a building and that, once again, makes no sense at all, SO rank is easy to obtain but I believe that evryone that holds that rank is capable enough to not abuse that power. Plus just as Hitman said, the IA department exists to deal with any exceptions.
You shouldn't really be conducting raids when there arent any TFU or SGTs on duty anyways. Confiscating drugs I agree with but when it comes to raiding or battering ram doors that should be limited to higher ranks and not to such an easy and obtainable rank

Reaction score
You shouldn't really be conducting raids when there arent any TFU or SGTs on duty anyways. Confiscating drugs I agree with but when it comes to raiding or battering ram doors that should be limited to higher ranks and not to such an easy and obtainable rank

I agree, you should not, but sometimes you dont really have a choice

Reaction score
I'm only saying that SO should when there are no Corp+ on duty.

Reaction score
i agree with this idea, there have been times when i've been on duty with an SO and havent been able to do anything because we couldnt batter the door or take drugs if we stopped a raid. just because there isn't a CPL on shoudlnt cripple peoples ability to be the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.