Police Suggestion Senior Officer Equipment Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:
Add a better service pistol for senior officers, like the Sig Sauer P226.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
Currently there is not much that motivates people to go further in the career since officers can now have taser as well, before the motivation to become senior officer would be to have the taser, currently the only thing a senior officer gets better than an officer is a walther p99 and we all know that, that pistol is not good at all for shootouts. Therefore, I suggest that the Sig Sauer P226 gets added for senior officers, corporals have a bigger reward, they get the shotgun so it would not impact at all seniores having the sig sauer p226 that corporals have access to.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
I do not see any negative impacts in my opinion, I actually think this would make people think further and actually move further in the PLPD ranking structure, avoiding people not wanting to get promoted to senior.

Other additions:
N/A

Reaction score
The motivation for Senior Officer is the ability to further progress within the PD, rank and roles. The role of Senior Officer essentially is an open door that allows you to begin applying for more roles such as TFU and Trainer roles. By lowering the rank you get for certain equipment you're just taking it away from higher ranks.

Reaction score
Currently there is not much that motivates people to go further in the career since officers can now have taser as well, before the motivation to become senior officer would be to have the taser, currently the only thing a senior officer gets better than an officer is a walther p99 and we all know tha
Ahem, Let me present you this,
1QMY55Q.png

This,
rdsZMrn.png

This,
N0IbXrL.png

AND THIS!
3GpX2Qa.png

There are many positions that open up when you are a Senior Officer for you to apply for, There is quite a bit of motivation.
If your motivation is to just have a new firearm and that's it, then I think you need to be thinking about something else.

Reaction score
I don’t know how common this nugget of information is now on the subject of weapon stats on perp, but unless this got changed somewhere down the line without an announcement, all the handguns, like all guns on PERP, do damage based on their caliber. The P226 and P99 are both .40SW here (10x22mm), therefor statistically can kill no faster than one another.

Alongside the fact that they both do the same damage, the P99:
- Has the same capacity as the P226
- Has the same attachments as the P226
- Has an upwards recoil patterns which is far more controllable than the P226’s more sideways oriented recoil pattern.
- Has the same rate of fire as the P226

Furthermore, the P226:
- is louder than the P99
- Boasts essentially the same level of per-shot accuracy as the P99.

The only reason you might think the P99 has more recoil is because of the animation that plays whenever the weapon is fired.

The only real benefit of the P226 over the P99 is it’s iron sights in my opinion but this is entirely negated due to all officers rank SO+ Receiving what is literally the best sight for pistols in the game, the Pistol Reflex sight, that I personally believe to be the best sight in the whole game during the very short space of time the Pistol reflex sight was added to the MP5A4 from the TFU arsenal.

Giving the P226 to Senior officers would change absolutely nothing and would only take away another pistol from our rank progression system, giving senior officers even more equipment for less effort and taking away from the corporal rank.

Reaction score

We have already denied a similar suggestion that @Alan Erwin linked and the comments from everyone else in this thread sums it up.

In its current form, Senior Officer is a gateway for other opportunities and is the first benchmark where command teams and above are given the signal that an individual wants to progress. It also acts as a very small but useful form of quality control in that to progress to Senior Officer, you ordinarily need two Observation Reports. There is plenty to achieve and take away from being a Senior Officer and moving equipment down the hierarchy in such a small fashion is not an inherent solution to any pre-existing problem along the lines of "progression".

Status
Not open for further replies.