Shield for swat

Reaction score
Topic: S.W.A.T officers

Short explanation (in notes):
-
adds a shield that only swat could use
-it replaces primary weapon (if chosen from armory)
-You can’t use your pistol while shield is up
-It blocks the some of the bullets while others ricochet off

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
It should be added to create some defence for the swat as they enter a room if their fashbang fails . It will also add some more diverse tactics for breaching like stacking behind the shield while it absorbs the main shots then slowly pushing in the room while returning fire
Couple of little situations you can use the shield in
Examples
2kx1ZZ4.gif
W4XwAfH.gif
That guy had a mac -10 btw(explains why my swat isnt dead yet)
4452cf199704341be008540db657cdfe.gif

Optional additions:
-Your walk speed much slower while shield is out
-your squad can stand behind you for cover and to shoot over the shield
-To do damage to the officer you will have to either flank or aim for the legs
-Bigger guns like aks and sakos will pen though but do less damage snipers will pen straight though
-
2b9b68bb4eb2fcf935438adcf707b8aa.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, nice idea but would be so excessive and so overpowered in my opinion.

This is not a "Riot" shield, i suppose. You are suggesting a Tactical Shield(aka. Ballistic Shield), right?

Reaction score
I just imagine a sea of kids yelling behind the dude with the shield. "omg move faster you retard", "why are you so slow omg stop blocking the way" "omg thanks riot shield noob i got killd becuz of u"
Also this will most likely just encourage the use of frag grenades in small apartment complexes like the slums or regals

Ayjay

Reaction score
This was going to be added at one point but it was decided against, mainly due to the fact that this isn't blacklight retribution and to be quite honest the functionality just wouldn't work in Garry's Mod. We'd need someone to model this, severe testing for it and at the end of the day SWAT are pretty buff anyway so adding this bulletproof shield and letting one guy go in first to take the bullets would just make them completley impossible to kill.

Nah.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
-Support
1 Police Will be Indistructuble (ik i spell it wrong SHHH)
2 The Raids Will go on forever

Reaction score
XDD u tryin to turn Perp into tom clancys rainbows six siege???? XD
XDDDDDD IS TO MUCH COD XDDS RAINBOX SIX PERP EDITION XBOX 360 EXCLUSIEVE EX DEEEEEEEEEE
!?!?!?@?@?@?@?@?@ :D

(Phone see it as a comment pls)

Reaction score
<>><><><><><>Update<>><><><><><>
I made a very rushed spread sheet about how different guns will affect the shield I will give a quick example before everyone spams dumb

Example 1
Say the M82 does 100 damage if it hits the shield the resistance will be 0% therefore penetrating straight though the shield doing the full 100 damage

Another example
say a sweater vest thinks he’s ard shooting the swat shield with a Beretta as the resistance is 70% only 70% of the full damage will affect the swat officer so instead of it doing something like 35 it will do 9 as 70% of 21 so in all the shield will migate 21 damage out of the possible 35 causing it to do 9 damage per shot

^^^^^READ BEFORE OPENING^^^^^
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ni1lZJo377jyYn4HaainJZdCf6w2aaFq0k6gtBnwc00/edit?usp=sharing

Please tell me If I have fucked up massively with this sheet or drop a comment if you think a think a guns resistance should change

Reaction score
The SWAT already have full body armor and are going to be strategically coordinated better when the whitelist comes out. Adding a riot shield would make them virtually unstoppable and would change the landscape of criminal/cop too much. I think that instead of adding more physical elements to the SWAT team, they just need to be better trained and have better tactics when dealing with intense environments that you've stated in your examples, then there would be no need for a shield. Shields in real life are only really strictly employed for huge crowd control tasks, not raiding.

Reaction score
I don't understand these "SWAT would be too strong!" The SWAT-Team should be even stronger in Paralake, it would stop the attempts to raid Police Departments, whats not realistic at all. Yes, the SWAT-Team should be immortal as same as it is in real life.