SWAT Riot shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So, when playing on the server as a member of the SWAT Team, and you are raiding a building, you obviously get shot at, and to prevent this and make raids successful, you could add a SWAT Riot shield.

Note: That this may be classed as (by some of you) as prop block, it is not classed as prop block, or a prop shield.

Here is the link to the SWAT Riot shield bellow :
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=104454

If you have ANY problems, please PM me on the forums.

Thanks, Reiss Howard

Reaction score
hm in rl a Riot Shield can only protect from small caliber like 9 mm so i think it will be sensless

Reaction score
Menta;n1094 said:
hm in rl a Riot Shield can only protect from small caliber like 9 mm so i think it will be sensless

Hmm, In a way, I agree with you, but, still, it's still awesome, and worth a try to be honest.

Reaction score
Reiss Howard;n1278 said:
Hmm, In a way, I agree with you, but, still, it's still awesome, and worth a try to be honest.
I agree. Give it a go :)

Reaction score
This idea has already been discussed within the developer team. If we're going to add a riot shield, it would most likely be a tactical shield instead. A tactical shield can shield you from calibers up to and past 7.62x51mm (Most snipers, except 12.37x99 50 cal sniper of course).
In conclusion, if we're adding this, we'll make it as balanced as possible (Maybe sacrifice your primary for it, and have a pistol only, since it's quite heavy), and we'd also make our own model/materials and code to make it as unique as possible.

Criminals always have M82s, they got something strong however, we do not. all we got is Armour and Special weapons. They have a VARIETY of weapons, they can place props around, they got snipers everywhere and finally they are always more than us.

Reaction score
Duhmy;n1390 said:
Criminals always have M82s, they got something strong however, we do not. all we got is Armour and Special weapons. They have a VARIETY of weapons, they can place props around, they got snipers everywhere and finally they are always more than us.

You forgot to mention: expert training and advanced planning.

I agree that a riot shield should be added, if not for use against guns, then for use against rioters. A riot shield and a baton/night stick should be pretty effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.