Should money be purchasabe?

Unfortunately we discovered that some players sold ingame cash for a lot of real money. This is not

• Players should be able to buy ingame money for real money

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Players should only be able to buy ingame cars for real money

• Players shouldn't be able to buy anything and we should ban players trying to sell money

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Unfortunately we discovered that some players sold ingame cash for a lot of real money. This is not really good because they sell the cash
for a way too high price and the server doesn't get any money either.
We had the unofficial deal that they can buy premium for someone else and then get money for it. Apparently that wasn't enough.
There are multiple things we can do now:

Reaction score
I do like the "buying in game cash for real money" idea. It does help the server in the long run as there are many people out there who would spend E.G. $30 on 500k. (This is just an example.) I know that being a player, and having to walk everywhere but not having all the time to grow drugs, spending a little money to get some money is not a problem.

Of course, some people do not like the idea because it makes their hard earned cash look like nothing, but it does help out the server with their funds as well as help out players a little.

Reaction score
Plz do not allow people to sell ingame money for real money, only bad things can happen with this :/
As in scamming.

Reaction score
Buying Ingame money for real money kills the purpose of earning money. People with more money than others end up buying money and having 100's of 50.cals.

It really ruins the economy and the fun of raiding / growing / rping since money will not be an issue. The economy will go to shits on the server.

People who just joined the server can use money to buy guns and mass rdm since they won't care. They don't have anything to loose since they didn't "earn" the money.

Reaction score
Dudeh;n1625 said:
People who just joined the server can use money to buy guns and mass rdm since they won't care. They don't have anything to loose since they didn't "earn" the money.

But if you purchased the money with real money-from the server at set prices where you aren't going to do that- why would you want to throw money out the window? You are spending Real Money, to the server for Real in-game cash. Nobody (unless you have unlimited funds,) would spend E.G. $30 on 500k to get banned permanently.

Dudeh;n1625 said:
Buying Ingame money for real money kills the purpose of earning money. People with more money than others end up buying money and having 100's of 50.cals.
It's not like the server isn't already drowned in weapons. Of course more people would have money, but it makes it more accessible to those who do not have the time to sit at their computers all day and grow.

I, myself, come on the server to Roleplay Gvt. Jobs. Occasionally I will do some criminal stuff such as robbing the bank or taking someone hostage. But often when I'm not a Gvt. Job I would love to drive around in a vehicle that isn't a Mini Cooper.

Dudeh;n1625 said:
It really ruins the economy and the fun of raiding / growing / rping since money will not be an issue. The economy will go to shits on the server.

The Majority of people who play Garrysmod do not have the money to waste on a video game. For money in one. But there are some people who are willing to spend their money on some cash. Maybe get some money with their donator? Like for the $8 or $10 you can get 100k or something? Makes it so that the only is able to be tapped into once a month or all in one for 3 months or something.

Reaction score
Buying money in this server would defeat the purpose of growing. If you were able to buy money you wouldn't need to grow or get a job to reach your goal, such as buying a Bugatti,Zonda and so on. It wouldn't be fair to the other players who have been growing for over 100 hours just to reach their goal.
With buying money comes scammers and with scammers comes an angry community.

Dye

Reaction score
Mattus;n1641 said:
But if you purchased the money with real money-from the server at set prices where you aren't going to do that- why would you want to throw money out the window? You are spending Real Money, to the server for Real in-game cash. Nobody (unless you have unlimited funds,) would spend E.G. $30 on 500k to get banned permanently.

While I agree this was a thin point of his, you can't expect $30 to be the lowest cash amount - it'll probably be around $5 or so which is very affordable.

Mattus;n1641 said:
It's not like the server isn't already drowned in weapons. Of course more people would have money, but it makes it more accessible to those who do not have the time to sit at their computers all day and grow.

However, you would then be making this pay to win. People who sit on their computers all day and grow are earning their cash. Growing weed and cocain at the same time as a VIP can earn you $20k an hour roughly. So in 5 hours of perfectly timed, uninterrupted growing you can earn $100k theoretically (although this is rarely the case as boredum and raids take place). So little Timmy who has spent probably 8 hours of his life on the server to earn 100k is going to suddenly be equally matched in "effort rewarded" by someone who was at work today and earned $120 so he decides to spend $30 on the server? The server is drowned with weapons. Yes. However, that is how PERP has always been and always will be. Suggest a way to change this (tip: it's very hard to do so without annihilating the gameplay of the server).

Mattus;n1641 said:
I, myself, come on the server to Roleplay Gvt. Jobs. Occasionally I will do some criminal stuff such as robbing the bank or taking someone hostage. But often when I'm not a Gvt. Job I would love to drive around in a vehicle that isn't a Mini Cooper.

That's fine and I acknowledge that, however, you must realise you are a part of a small minority (it's sad but be a realist here). Sadly, if you would love to drive around in a swanky vehicle you'll have to move onto some of the high risk high gain strategies of making money in PERP. There is a reason that growing drugs and crime gets more money than jobs - because you can lose it all too. Pay $7000 for 20 pots, $4000 for seeds, $4000 for your gun, $3000 on ammo. Oh no, you got raided! Now you have to start again. Go and spend $18000 more and start again and just hope you don't get raided (sorry for the sarcasm)! It is the sad truth though, the jobs get paid less because they are a safe, stable source of income.

Mattus;n1641 said:
The Majority of people who play Garrysmod do not have the money to waste on a video game. For money in one. But there are some people who are willing to spend their money on some cash. Maybe get some money with their donator? Like for the $8 or $10 you can get 100k or something? Makes it so that the only is able to be tapped into once a month or all in one for 3 months or something.

I don't know where you're getting those statistics from, but if you take a look at how many people on the server are paying $8 (or however much it is) a month, that seems to state otherwise. Money with donator? Why? People are buying it as it is now and adding money to it is 90% of the time. Go on the server and tell me how many people have donated in comparison to the people who haven't. Scratch that, tell me how many people on the server have been playing for more 2 weeks who haven't donated. The figure will be very small.

Just because you're not expanding into the high risk ways of making money doesn't mean you need to punish everyone who has.

edit:
I'm off to uni, I'm already late so I'll respond to your response if it's made when I'm back.

Reaction score
  • Staff
It seems like (unsurprisingly) players don't want it to become pay2win. The rules for money selling have been added already, I think we should add the rule that players who buy money will lose their money if they buy money from someone else and may be banned.

Reaction score
Detecting who buys money and sells Isn't an easy job tho. Even tho we try to sum out the amount of money dropped to people etc.

People do hand out loans and even gamble high amounts of money. However I do agree that people caught selling or buying money in game for real life money do deserve punishment.

Reaction score
Dye;n1660 said:
you would then be making this pay to win.

For reference, it wouldn't be 'pay to win' in the more traditional sense of the word, as, money wouldn't ever be put into the game; instead, only existing money would be traded, meaning for someone to gain, someone else would lose; which, I think, keeps it pretty well balanced considering there's a lack of people with spare PERP cash.

The poll results seem pretty clear though, so...

C2W

Reaction score
Personally I think it should be a ban reason to sell in-game money for you own benefit so it wont help the server, however I also believe that it should never happen, cause then people can get the buggatti with just 4-5 clicks and a paypal information,

they wont really spend days to get the buggatti like I did #Nolife

Dye

Reaction score
Luke;n1722 said:
For reference, it wouldn't be 'pay to win' in the more traditional sense of the word, as, money wouldn't ever be put into the game; instead, only existing money would be traded, meaning for someone to gain, someone else would lose; which, I think, keeps it pretty well balanced considering there's a lack of people with spare PERP cash.

The poll results seem pretty clear though, so...

No, I was responding to Mattus who was talking about the server selling cash.

Reaction score
The reason why this shouldnt happen is that, simply:

-It will ruing the realism gameplay of the server
-Everyone wont spend time on the server and just buy loads of money packs (i have done this myself alot tbh)
-Too many people will be rich
-Players should work hard for their money as i, and many other players have done. I know it might bring in a better flow of income for the server but is it worth ruining the server?

...The point im trying to make is that the server wont be fun anymore.
Ive noticed the vote is going the right way anyway. Thought i should have my say though, Thanks.

Max

MazZ said:
Plz do not allow people to sell ingame money for real money, only bad things can happen with this :/
As in scamming.
I entirely agree. Scamming would be a big thing and a waste of money, People would be like "Give me $50 real life money, and i'll give you 100K in game cash, Deal?" "Deal." INSTANT SCAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.