Silencers for Shotgun's

Reaction score
Description of the idea:

-Add specially made silencers for shotguns.

Why should this be added? (pros):

-Great raiding weapon.
-More Attachments = More Reason to Craft.
-Looks so good.

What negatives could this have? (cons):

-Benji suggested that they would have to add all new shotguns.. if this is the case, this would be a lot of work for nothing really.
-No other that I can think of, if you can please leave it below.

*Other additions:

Found a really dope silenced shotgun workshop file that could be used as a audio file.
Shotgun Sound

ZDOYjla.jpg

Reaction score
That’s not how guns sound though.

This really wouldn’t change anything imo, there’s plenty of guns we currently have that would benefit from having an optional suppressor rather than shotguns. (MP7, L115).

Another issue is realistically shotgun suppressors offer no real benefit and exist more as niche range toys rather than genuine tactical devices.

What shotguns would this even go on and how would that improve said shotgun?

Benji suggested that they would have to add all new shotguns.. if this is the case, this would be a lot of work for nothing really.

I said that it’d be better to add an integrally suppressed shotgun but even that seems like a pointless feat.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like the idea of shotgun suppressors, but the sound you suggested absolutely sucks. It sounds like you're scratching a spring against sheet metal or keying someone's car, except it's sped up.
While the sound in the video I provided should not be the sound of a suppressed shotgun in-game- For obvious reasons and despite being realistic. It provides insight as to what a real suppressed shotgun might sound, if we ignore the major differences between each model of shotgun. There's also the fact that microphones might be altering the sound you're hearing.
Aside from that, there really isn't any negatives with this now that Modeller @Lelios1 is around and willing. While we're at it, might as well add some suppressors for some other guns like @BigBenji said.