Model Suggestion SMS message pop up at bottom right for phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: SMS message pop up at the bottom right for the phone
Suggestion Description: - When not using your phone, if you receive a text message a small pop-up window appear at the bottom right of your screen for 1-4 seconds containing your most recent message texted to you when you receive an SMS. Also, include the option to disable the function in the phone settings.

Why should this be added?:
- Barely ever see my texts because you have to stop and freeze to check what it says. This would also be more realistic as IRL you just pull ur phone up to check real quick if you received a text without having to unlock the phone. Example included

What negatives could this have?:
- None, and would directly buff knowing where the dealer is and house alarms, car alarms messages ETC.

Useful Images:

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: SMS message pop up at the bottom right for the phone
Suggestion Description: - When not using your phone, if you receive a text message a small pop-up window appear at the bottom right of your screen for 1-4 seconds containing your most recent message texted to you when you receive an SMS. Also, include the option to disable the function in the phone settings.

Why should this be added?:
- Barely ever see my texts because you have to stop and freeze to check what it says. This would also be more realistic as IRL you just pull ur phone up to check real quick if you received a text without having to unlock the phone. Example included

What negatives could this have?:
- None, and would directly buff knowing where the dealer is and house alarms, car alarms messages ETC.

Useful Images:
Why not make the phone slightly pop up as well with the message on the phones locked screen?

Reaction score
Why not make the phone slightly pop up as well with the message on the phones locked screen?
Because it obstructs your whole screen and it would get annoying dealing with it constantly popping up, the whole point is to obstruct you less. A QOL of sorts, so you don't have to bring up your whole phone to check ur incoming text

Last edited:
Reaction score

Good idea, that's why something like this is already Under Development :) (since 2015 lol)

Reaction score

Good idea, that's why something like this is already Under Development :) (since 2015 lol)
This is a better version of that idea tbh, and by idea I mean @Fielding 's response

Reaction score
This has been suggested almost as long as I've been a part of the community. We really really need it, even a gmod style pop up that says "You received a text message!" Would be enough.
I would much rather it actually contain the message as the whole reason I am suggesting it is because currently you have to stop and go out of your way to see your text

Reaction score
I would much rather it actually contain the message as the whole reason I am suggesting it is because currently you have to stop and go out of your way to see your text
I mean it's fair but at the same time I don't feel like it takes that long to read it manaully. I just miss the fact it even occurs in the first place as im so used to others getting the text.

Reaction score
+1 Love this idea! It would help you know that you have a message as sometimes the sound is quiet and you don't notice it. Plus if there was a preview you would know if you really need to look at the message

Last edited:
Reaction score
would love something like this, either where the ui is in the first place or in the botton right corner would be cool
1700256539454.png

Reaction score
This would also make people use tooter, hopefully alongside if tooter gets a UI improvement so it’s more user friendly.

Less cringe ads in chat.
More roleplay

Reaction score
Make it come up in chat tbh, that would be better.
Would be annoying and distracting due to the local, looc, ooc and /help being used at the same time.
Of course the organisation chat too is used there so i wouldnt really like that myself to be honest.

Reaction score
Just have the phone pop-up for like 1/3 of the way and display the message in the visible area of the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.