Server Suggestion Snipers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Snipers
Suggestion Description: increase the speed with as50 or reduce the speed of all snipers to the same or at least the awp

Why should this be added?:
its so slow while using as50 if you use shift to run its just like you are crippled and if you used alt to run its just like using shift

if make all sniper same it will make it more fair to play against any snipers

What negatives could this have?:
people use as50 like before ?

What problem would this suggestion solve?: the slow of movement while using as50/m82

Useful Images:

Reaction score
I think the movement should be slightly raised as I do believe it’s just a tiny bit slow, but I think the L115A3 should be given the same movement soeed

Reaction score
As much as I bitched about the change last night because I died to it, it obviously makes sense. Being able to sprint around the map with a gun that fires quickly and instakills anywhere on the body is rather silly.

The L115 actually does not always down players instantly, I have been on both ends of this fact many, many times. Quite often I will think I hit someone, only to check the logs after dying to find out my shot only injured them and there have been a number of occasions recently wherein I have tanked an L115 shot without going down. The L115 is weaker and lighter, allowing you to run faster. The drawback is, you might not always kill your target, especially if they are armoured

Reaction score
The drawback is, you might not always kill your target, especially if they are armoured
I think the last time I saw a civilian fight cops with an L115 was back when I was in OfficeGang…

I think the L115 should be slightly nerfed movement-wise and the M24 should remain the same

Reaction score
This was a balance decision, so getting into whether or not it's realistic is beside the point.

What weapons do you think need the speed debuff applied?
Still think the better balance decision would've been nerfing the firerate of it, it still is an absolute turret if you find a good position, and sluggish movement always just feels bad to play with.

Reaction score
The L115 is only available for TFU in heavy gear which already has a movement speed nerf.

Nobody uses it as civ so I don't see any point in making it any worse.

Reaction score
As annoying this update may seem. There's currently no drawbacks to using an AS50 really... It fires relatively fast to the damage it delivers and if you have a crew big enough, it's almost certain you'll get it back for round 2, even if you die.

This will decrease the chances of it being using as offensively as it was at the moment and will make it a more defensive weapon. Still incredibly powerful with a huge nerf to it.

Though even with the sprinting nerf I don't think it's too drastic in all fairness...

Last edited:
Reaction score
mean the awp should be slow as will cant see the tfu useing the awp and can run 20mph .....

also the awp is 1 shot
The AWM in real life weighs 15Lbs. The AS50 weighs double that unloaded.

In terms of Gameplay balance, the AWM is still weaker than an AS50 considerably and surviving an AWM shot is possible, including under some very specific circumstances, a headshot is survivable. The AWM however is the same price as 50 BMG rifles.

TFU are also limited in speed and move at 90% your speed.

The benefits given by the AWM now over the AS50 and M82 are entirely available to you as a civilian.
Can some Americans please get a barret and show them jogging while firing it?

@Aquaa @steelo @Chase
I’ll assemble the Barrett in my attic and compare it to the AWM disassembled under my floorboards.

Reaction score
Here’s a video of a highly experienced practical shooter running and gunning with
the M82 CQB.

Note 2 things:
1: He sounds like he’s carrying a cow up a hill.
2: it takes him awhile to even line up the shot.
3: This isn’t even the full size M82, it’s the Short barrel version.

Reaction score
As annoying this update may seem. There's currently no drawbacks to using an AS50 really... It fires relatively fast to the damage it delivers and if you have a crew big enough, it's almost certain you'll get it back for round 2, even if you die.

This will decrease the chances of it being using as offensively as it was at the moment and will make it a more defensive weapon. Still incredibly powerful with a huge nerf to it.

Though even with the sprinting nerf I don't think it's too drastic in all fairness...
Aside from losing a $50,000 gun and shooting ~$1,000 each bullet...

Reaction score
Here’s a video of a highly experienced practical shooter running and gunning with
the M82 CQB.

Note 2 things:
2: it takes him awhile to even line up the shot.
3: This isn’t even the full size M82, it’s the Short barrel version.
Bro nearly died running about 10 metres and shooting 4 bullets

Reaction score
Might as well make it so you have increased stamina drain when using it.

In all honestly snipers have been abused in close quarter combat for too long. While the render distance still makes them somewhat questionable to use they still see use in medium to long range encounters. Which is what they should be used for.

I don't see how all the other snipers should suffer the same fate as the M82/AS50. M24 and the AWM are still low tier picks for any kind of raid because these things are so powerful and have been top game for so long. Use the AWM, just give it a try honestly.

Although it's your money, do whatever you want with it, bring your AS50 into a close quarter fight, I don't care just don't be a bitch when you lose it. The money is incredibly easy to make back and there are way better options for a raid people should be using instead of opting for the same boring ass weapons every raid.

I hope you enjoyed the 2 cents from the Honorary who joined only once in the time span of 400 days.

Reaction score
This was a balance decision, so getting into whether or not it's realistic is beside the point.

I get where this comes from but I would say the speed debuff should be lessened IF your genetics for Strength are high.

The argument of weight is redundant because players casually run at max speed carrying 450kg of items with 5/5 genetic strength.

Reaction score
The change is fine and if anything, isn’t enough of a nerf for a powerful as fuck weapon but let’s just leave it as it is as it’s been just over a day lmao

I even suggested yesterday that the L1/M24 now has more of its own purpose because of no sniper movement restrictions, at the cost of being bolt action and not always killing on your first shot, no matter where you hit someone. The M24 can also have a suppressor applied to it, this also makes it slightly more difficult to know where the sniper shot came from. This change was absolutely necessary and considering OP plays with the huge group of people who has AS50’s for days which ultimately resulted in the nerf, you simply have not been on the other end of the stick to know how boring and bullshit it is when consistently being put up against the same powerful as fuck snipers.

Reaction score
Can some Americans please get a barret and show them jogging while firing it?

@Aquaa @steelo @Chase
Giving me vibes of Tom Hill doing the Sideways and running with a toy gun video

In all seriousness, Why should you be able to run with something like that? I could see genes maybe playing a part where having increased Strength/Stamina etc would help but, honestly, it balances out the issue of people running and gunning with something that is designed to be a stationary firearm.

Reaction score
I would change my suggestion to

ether increase the movement with the as50 slightly (its really bad atm )

and

decrece the movement for the awp so there is reason for the tfu to use the m24 for fast movement/hide place

The L115 is weaker and lighter
and what dose m24 do on the armory ?

also most of the time it kill with 1 shot

Reaction score
@GP get cripeld while using as50 its worst than dieing

Status
Not open for further replies.