Server Suggestion Change the code for TFU snipers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Change the code for TFU snipers
Suggestion Description: The one sniper code works flawlessly in it's current state, as it was intended. I'm proposing to make it so that if a TFU sniper dies that sniper slot does not automatically get placed back into it's free state, allowing for another sniper to come on duty as soon as a TFU sniper dies. The main issue is in shootouts near or around the PD, once a TFU sniper dies the slot immediately becomes available and whoever has TFU whitelist can continue to go on duty and grab a sniper once the slot becomes free by TFU snipers dying.

This would make it a little more balanced as myself and others have had this same scenario play out many times. It just makes it hard for crim mains to perform raids in that set area due to this. One TFU sniper dies, you push out and there's another one waiting where the last one died, IMO it's a little unbalanced as there is only meant to be one sniper at a time, which works in a sense. Just nerfing the slot to give a 5 minute grace period to "return" the sniper to the armoury would make gunfights a bit more interesting, and hopefully stop people camping PD armoury waiting for one sniper to die, so their slot is free.

Why should this be added?:
- Makes it a bit more balanced, and stops the potential risk of having numerous snipers in one raid
- Stops people camping armoury when they could be involved in a gunfight like intended

What negatives could this have?:
- PD could have a large buff as the sniper slot isn't available instantly after one dies
- Sniper slots may be fought due to the change and therefore cause conflict

Reaction score
e one sniper code works flawlessly in it's current state, as it was intended. I'm proposing to make it so that if a TFU sniper dies that sniper slot does not automatically get placed back into it's free state,
It literally doesnt. If someone dies with the AWM out, No one else can take the AWM. If its in someones inventory, its irretrievable.

There's no real "TFU Sniper slot", All TFU can go on Duty and claim an M24. The AWM is the only weapon that is limited to 1 if thats what you're getting at. I see no issue with it being like this, seeing as the M24 and AWM Are limited in use.

The only way the code can be "Bypassed" is if the AWM is trunked, if you know of TFU doing such notify myself and @Bojing ASAP Please.

Reaction score
It literally doesnt. If someone dies with the AWM out, No one else can take the AWM. If its in someones inventory, its irretrievable.

There's no real "TFU Sniper slot", All TFU can go on Duty and claim an M24. The AWM is the only weapon that is limited to 1 if thats what you're getting at. I see no issue with it being like this, seeing as the M24 and AWM Are limited in use.

The only way the code can be "Bypassed" is if the AWM is trunked, if you know of TFU doing such notify myself and @Bojing ASAP Please.
I'm assuming that's how it was done, but I don't know because during our previous shootout with that happening there were no cars. However one died, and then i heard another AWM being shot and next shot I was dead.

Reaction score
I'm assuming that's how it was done, but I don't know because during our previous shootout with that happening there were no cars. However one died, and then i heard another AWM being shot and next shot I was dead.
The TFU that had died with the gun could've perhaps did ./resign and went off-duty or disconnected in general, allowing for someone else to take it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.