(SOLVED) database disk image is malformed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Had a nasty power failure in my house about yesterday.
I noticed that my PC started dropping in performance severely, frames running as low as 10 before power cut off for two seconds.
My theory is that power supplied to our house gradually failed over the span of about ten seconds, in which my PC was supplied with less and less power to work with before completely failing and shutting off.
(There is nothing wrong with my PC in this regard, it was confirmed that power failed within the building, not my PC.)

My issue is that any and all applications that were opened and writing and reading to/from disk received some degree of corruption, this includes Garry's Mod.
EaetraQ.png

This issue is printed to console whenever I receive or send a text message.

It became apparent when opening my phone and finding all of my text messages over this year completely wiped.
This wouldn't normally be an issue, but I co-run a business with Puffy and text messages are very useful for us in keeping in touch with our customers.
That, and every time GMod restarts it wipes all my text messages, meaning that the files that perp writes to locally are corrupt, and are unable to read the data that is written after the game is shut down.

I've no idea where perp stores these files, and I wouldn't know where to start.
I'd prefer to move forward than linger on the vague hope that I could somehow recover them.

Anyone know where these files are located and how to recover from this?
My theory is just deleting the files altogether and letting perp write new ones that won't be corrupt.

Solution
Where are the files for text messages located?
cl.db in your gmod directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cl.db by default)

If you just delete cl.db and restart your gmod, it should resolve itself automatically. Of course, your old texts etc will be permanently removed

You can try opening the file with something like https://sqlitebrowser.org/ if you need anything particular from your texts that might still be there
Reaction score
Hippity hoppity your hard drive isnt working properly

in all seriousness you should check the hard drive health does the hard drive have any issues other then with Gmod does windows fail to start properly sometimes i had the
0x000021a error but i reinstalled windows and it fixed it you might have to redownload gmod maybe

Reaction score
you should check the hard drive health does the hard drive have any issues other then with Gmod does windows fail to start properly sometimes i had the
0x000021a error but i reinstalled windows and it fixed it you might have to redownload gmod maybe
It is solely with Garry's Mod. There have been no issues booting into windows.

The main questions I'm looking to have answered are:
What is the best method to resolve this issue? For Garry's Mod specifically.

Reaction score
cl.db in your gmod directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cl.db by default)

If you just delete cl.db and restart your gmod, it should resolve itself automatically. Of course, your old texts etc will be permanently removed

You can try opening the file with something like https://sqlitebrowser.org/ if you need anything particular from your texts that might still be there

Solution
Reaction score
There should be a file named ‘cl.db’ somewhere in your Garry’s Mod directory and it should be in there. Delete it and it should just write the new data uncorrupted

Reaction score
Text messages are stored here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cl.db

edit: everyone else already said this but i'll just explain how i found it, a good application known as Notepad++ is super useful to find these things out by searching through files for specific words:

ZelFD9y.png

hu8CZ4B.png

Reaction score
Forgot to reply, but I'll make some attempts with the given file paths.
Will reply later on how it goes.

Reaction score
Deleting file "cl.db" in steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cl.db solved this issue.
First reply marked as solution.
(Sorry @Clarky, honorable mentions to you and Nutrient10 though)

Status
Not open for further replies.