Some minor map changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Main Idea: Removing the left hand side garage door from Morons

Full description of the idea: There are currently 2 garage doors at morons, I'm suggesting to remove the one on the left (assuming we are looking from the outside), and simply cover up the space by making it a solid wall

Why should it be added?: Currently the fact that Morons has 2 garage doors makes it so that the 2 garage doors make up 80% of the "wall", so once those are either bobby pinned, bombed etc. You are extremely exposed inside as essentially the vast majority of the front is now exposed to various positions that people shoot from outside inwards. I think by removing the garage door, you would provide a "safer" area where people from inside can defend from.

Pros:
  • Makes morons easier to defend, even if you get bombed (could also be a con I guess)
  • No more guessing which entrance is blocked off
  • Less vulnerability as the front part of morons isn't now mostly composed of the 2 garage doors that when opened, expose almost the entirety of the inside of the property.

Cons:

• Less entrances to quite a big property

*Other additions:

Possibly adding some world props inside to give it a more "warehouse" feeling, although currently the advantage of morons is that it does offer a good amount of empty space to the people there, so maybe people don't want that ruined.

c957e5918c.png

Main Idea: Adding a path that connects the park to the forest (via the back of farm)

Full description of the idea: To cut some trees out of the park area and therefore replace the cut out area with a path that is connected directly to the forest through the back of the farm (behind the fence).

Why should it be added?: I think this would be a change mostly that benefits new players, typically those yet to have a car and choosing to base at, for example, hicktown, or growing somewhere hidden in the forest. Having a path that leads directly from park to the forest makes navigation around the area easier, as funnily enough, a player might not find it too easy to currently navigate through the trees. I think also adding another "official" route to/from the park makes it look nicer overall too

Pros:

• Helps newer players navigate around the forest area as they can spot the path and know it leads back to the city
  • Looks cooler!!!

Cons:

• Could be seen as unnecessary

*Images: my epic photoshop skills (those are meant to be lamps)

b21156ef56.png

Main Idea: Changing the size (and some of the interior) of the small suburban houses, as well as the material/thickness of walls.

Full description of the idea: Extending the small suburbs houses to cover the whole grass area in the back, so that it connects to the private road that they have, thus allowing more space inside the actual house. And to change the orientation of the beds inside so that they don't cover 40% of the space inside the bedroom. Also if the size is increased we could have alterations to the interior, as for example, the bathroom wouldn't have to change in size so there could be more space for another small room or something... Also I think that the material should be changed from wood, so that people can't just wall bang it to shit currently. Maybe brick would suffice, and thus an increase in the thickness of the wall.

Why should it be added?: I think the grass there is unnecessary and while it might add to the "aesthetics" of the houses, I think it would be cool to see the smaller suburban houses increase in size, and thus utilize the space they are given on the map, as currently the space offered inside the house is quite limiting, typically due to the world props that already exist inside. Also if people choose the base there now and end up getting raided, they typically die because they can't do anything about getting wall banged the fuck out of because of them having a wooden material (unless I'm being stupid here and don't pay attention to the details)

Pros:

• More space inside of a house xd
  • Can't be wallbanged as easily
  • Still has 2 entrances

Cons:

• Stretching it out to the back may be meaningless, dependent on what is changed in the interior.

*Other additions:

Adding curtains to the bedroom like in v1?

3a84b86a53.png

Main Idea: Re-enable the ladders at parker and glass co.

Full description of the idea: To add back the ability to utilize the ladders on both parker and glass co

Why should it be added?: I think it's a shame how currently the ladders exist, but are disabled and can't be used as I think it would add another strategic point to the properties and bring more "functionality" to them as currently the ladders are there but can't actually be used (a lot of new players fall for this) and I think that is quite silly.

Pros:

• Gives use to the ladders that are currently there
  • Roof of the properties becomes accessible

Cons:

• Overpowered sniping position?
  • People raiding glass co by jumping through the windows on the roof

bdacac6f83.png

aa3232ceb8.png

Main Idea:
Removing 2 rows of back benches in church

Full description of the idea: ""

Why should it be added?: The fact that there are 5 rows of benches in church right now is quite limiting on the amount of space that can be utilized to put props down within the propety

Pros:

• More space to place props down inside of church

Cons:

• Less benches less church feeling :(

*Other additions:

Alterations to the back of church? Maybe extending it so that a proper back room can be added with more space rather than the currently small storage room.

4569041534.png

Reaction score
Main Idea: Removing the left hand side garage door from Morons - Will look into the balance of this and remove a door if it's not too op.

Main Idea: Adding a path that connects the park to the forest (via the back of farm) - Don't really think this would make much of a difference, it would also just lead onto an empty road.

Main Idea: Changing the size (and some of the interior) of the small suburban houses, as well as the material/thickness of walls. - Will do if enough time and resources.

Main Idea: Re-enable the ladders at parker and glass co. - Yep

Main Idea: Removing 2 rows of back benches in church - Yep

• Optimistic
Reactions: A1L
Status
Not open for further replies.