Spike strips on normal cops

Should spike strips be an RTU exclusive gear piece

• Yes

• No

• It should be a certification like taser not an exclusive to RTU

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
spike strips can be used and or abused.

in my opinion RTU are very much more trustworthy than your average patrol officer with such powerful piece of gear, not only because they are senior officers but because they are also especially trained on dealing with road incidents.

In regards to game mode enjoyability, the map being quite confined and the yellow barriers limiting what illegal off-roading you can do makes it a bit less enjoyable to be involved in chases. This is due to the state of many officers spiking many roads in an already cramped map space.

Reaction score
What are patrol officers gonna do when there is No RTU on??

Reaction score
in my opinion RTU are very much more trustworthy than your average patrol officer with such powerful piece of gear, not only because they are senior officers.
U can get rtu as officer u don’t need senior.

And I feel like spikes is a very useful thing that all officers should have. But I think that it could be a 1 stage test to get it with multiple choice questions that get automatically accepted so officers know how to use them

Reaction score
respectfully, hell no. It’s one thing about RTU being specialized in chase but it’s another to take out an ability for patrol to handle car chase, often for patrol the only way we can stop a chase is by spiking since crim car is faster than ours

Reaction score
respectfully, hell no. It’s one thing about RTU being specialized in chase but it’s another to take out an ability for patrol to handle car chase, often for patrol the only way we can stop a chase is by spiking since crim car is faster than ours
Exactly, Since RTU already has enough cars to chase crim cars. Patrol already struggles to keep up with the car chases and Making Spike strips RTU exclusive will just make it worse for Patrol

Reaction score
sure man, let the officers in dodge's race behind teslas and what not, and make rtu stay at intersection to spike that shit XD good idea, i wonder how that will workout

Reaction score
Let RTU do the pursuits with their fast cars, and let patrol contribute with spike strips.

Reaction score
sure man, let the officers in dodge's race behind teslas and what not, and make rtu stay at intersection to spike that shit XD good idea, i wonder how that will workout
I already knew this was a point someone would make. this is why the 3rd option exists.

Reaction score
Traffic officers are supposed to be receiving additional equipment to allow for a pursuit to be conducted safely and effectively, containing and keeping up with a fleeing suspect vehicle until they are able to perform a vehicle stop tactic. One of these tactics being leading a fleeing vehicle into a spike trap.

If traffic officers are leading the pursuit, who is there to spike the car? Road spikes should be available to both patrol and RTU For this purpose.

Reaction score
Excessive use of force against vehicles is already out of control and if you take away the only effective tool to stop an evading vehicle you just ask for more trouble.

Reaction score
All I can imagine is the amount of reports and complaints about patrol officers ramming into suspects head on because no one with spikes is on duty

Reaction score
Is the life of a Patrol officer not already miserable enough without removing their spike strips?

Reaction score
spike strips can be used and or abused.
So can be guns. And those officers are generally speaking dealt with swiftly, if not blacklisted altogether.

Certainly there's mistakes that can happen with the spike strips and I think it has happened to all of us in the past that we've done a mistake. But no certification would prevent it.

You already have to be lucky to have an officer in the right place at the right time in the right position with their spikes equipped quite often when dealing with faster vehicles.