Police Suggestion Reduce the overall speed and performance of the patrol cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Reduce the overall speed and performance of the patrol cars
Suggestion Description: I'd like to bring a suggestion for an overall reduction in performance of the Dodge Challenger and the Crown Victoria police vehicles for patrol officers.

Why should this be added?:
I think a balance is needed for standard patrol vs RTU vehicles. There is nothing more daunting than receiving the notification that there is a stolen vehicle or a chop shop in progress, especially as RTU, and here's why... because the patrol officers vehicles are simply faster or on par with the RTU vehicles.

Imagine this, you're in RTU, you have had advanced driver training on the server, you're in the BMW RTU with a top speed of 80~ then like an army of ants there are 6 patrol vehicles all as fast and as capable join the pursuit and turn it into an episode of pinball. They're just simply too fast for what they need to achieve and need a reduction slightly in acceleration and top speed.

It also makes RTU relevant, at the moment the patrol cars can join and lead any pursuit pretty much without any need for assistance from RTU as their vehicle is more than capable.

The patrol vehicles are simply that, patrol. They are to get from scene to scene and respond to incidents and offer prisoner transport. I don't think a vehicle that is capable of 80mph is required, it can also be a little OP against crims who spend the best part of 1 million on a decent car, just to be kept up with by a standard patrol vehicle.

I would consider reducing the top speed of all patrol vehicles by 10mph or removing the upgrades and perhaps removing 1 of the chargers altogether and giving that to Senior Officers so they have access to a slightly better car. Thus giving an extra reason for a promotion within the department.

It's also worth remembering that you only need 12 hours playtime to apply for PLPD and instantly with barely any experience of driving a vehicle that quick on the server, you're sitting behind those vehicles which are quicker than a golf GTI with double upgrades, hence why we see so many police accidents, head-ons etc...

So now you ask "why not just upgrade RTU vehicles then?" - That would simply be OP, I think the RTU vehicles are in a decent state for a pursuit and can keep up with most things other than supercars but spikes play a vital role in bringing them to a stop.

What negatives could this have?:
1. Might take 5 seconds longer to respond to an incident
2. Patrol officers might be upset and feel restricted

What problem would this suggestion solve?: 1. This would help heavily reduce police on police accidents or police on civilian accidents which are DAILY
2. It would balance patrol vs RTU and actually give benefit to an RTU team

Last edited:
Reaction score
What crack are you smoking, the patrol vehicles are bootycheeks when it comes to pursuits, meanwhile the RTU porsche goes 105mph.

Reaction score
Granted the BMW is not really excellent... All RTU vehicles have better acceleration and speed than patrol cars, excluding some of the unmarked. If you don't like the RTU cars you can always go back to patrol cars (minus the unmarked van and GTI for CPL+)

Status
Not open for further replies.