Staff using Demo not working

Reaction score
So recently a tonne of ARs, and disputes (@Momo ) have been denied because of the reason "Demos no longer working" and its pissing me off a bit. Staff are leaving these too long to the point where they can no longer see demos. Players are losing items, getting banned and warned simply because someone forgot or was too slow.

I think we need a compromise, for example if a AR cannot be viewed but the person lost items they should be refunded however no action should be taken against whoever it was due to lack of proof. This should be the case IF the person posted an AR at least a week before the gmod update broke things.

Its simply not fair on people that are losing items because staff members cannot be arsed to do things quickly and use this as a excuse to deny things.

//Sorry for bad spelling etc

Reaction score
Yeah, this has been going on for a while and hopefully it will end soon, but for now I think I want to leave for a while until it's over, I don't want to get a ban and dispute it then have to wait 6 years just to get "demo not viewable, closed".

Reaction score
Pretty much, I do recommend recording your demo and uploading a YouTube video of the whole situation, this way it prevents from another Garry's Mod update fucking up the demo's as usual. If you have ShadowPlay or Plays.tv from the situation then that's even better.

Also, users don't really have to do this but for all other staff please watch the forums, right under "Post a new thread", took General Discussion as an example here. This way we get an alert whenever a new thread is posted and we know one needs attention when the user did not tag the staff member to send out an alert (Editing in the tag won't sent an alert, just a FYI who's doing this, make sure to include it when you create the thread).
4fc807830d.png

I myself did have to close some action requests because the demo's were fucked, somebody from his week didn't do them so I was unable to do them as well :trande:

We do make mistakes but don't get your pitchforks and cause :beef:, I am pretty sure Youseff didn't do this on intention.

Last edited:

M

Reaction score
If an appeal takes time for whatever reason, let that not be the problem. The issue is that on certain occasions a case has been completely closed without regard to whether further or alternative evidence is available, there just needs to be some more practicality; the issues surrounding the slow response times have already been challenged by other individuals on the forum.