Rule Suggestion (Disallow raw demo files from use as evidence in server reports (NOT ARs/PMs))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Topic: Other
Suggestion Description: Disallow raw demo files from use as evidence in server reports (NOT ARs/PMs)

Why should this be added?:
- Currently, raw demo files in reports as evidence are very large burdens on staff members who are trying to work through a great amount of reports. There's a certain level of entitlement that comes with a user just dumping a whole demo file on a staff member in a report on the server, as they then have to go out of their way to leave and stop handling reports or doing whatever they're doing. It is a lot more understandable to use them in ARs or PMs but if the staff member has duties to perform on the server - for example as the only staff member on with a lot of reports - and they have a whole demo file dumped on them which they have to deal with it just slows everything down and can be a pain overall, when the user should simply record a clip from the demo.

What negatives could this have?:
- Less rulebreaks reported potentially.

Reaction score
I wasn't aware people did this that much. Honestly a great suggestion overall. There are a lot of apps out there that allow you to clip in-game and won't even require the use of demos such as medal. +support on this suggestion

Reaction score
Generally if someone gives me and a demo and I am doing other reports I will inform them that there demo will be processed within 24 hours and I will contact them via 3rd party when I get to it, I won't instantly get off to do the demo

Reaction score
This is already something we've discussed internally, the consensus was that we can opt to decline demos as the initial evidence if we choose to do, telling people that they'll have to review it and provide a standard recording themselves.

Based on that there's really no reason to add a rule specifically disallowing it, if staff want to go through the extra effort to check the demo that's their choice!
I usually just give people the choice; record evidence from the demo yourself or I can watch the demo myself but I won't be able to do so immediately.

Reaction score
I almost always turn away people who upload raw demos in reports and inform them that we do not have the time to disconnect and review their demo like that on the fly, then instruct them to either come back with a recording, or post an Action Request

Reaction score
At the end of the day it’s really up to the discretion of the staff member handling the report where it’s more of a courtesy rather than an obligation to review a demo from a report. Obviously it can be inconvenient but if a staff member is willing to review it straight away then happy days for all parties involved in the report. If not then it’s understandable as it can take time to review a demo.

I don’t think outright disallowing demo(s) in a report is necessary with the staff team‘s current approach to receiving them as a demo file may be someone’s only option to submit evidence of a rule-break, but they should be prepared to expect a response that it won’t be reviewed immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.