Stolen car tracker and a new app for the phones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
1) So, you've had it, you get your car, you come back and some fucker has stolen it? Its probably me.
Well, like buying a car alarm, and house alarm, a car tracker would be pretty cool.
When a players car is stolen, it comes up on the Police Lieutenants phone when a car has been breached, a notification appears, this could possibly be a new app for law enforcement.

2) A new addon for the 911 app.
How this works is an additional button to this app, a 'take photo' button.
When this button is pressed, an option to take a picture will come up, this way witnesses to any crimes can send photos of suspects to the Police Lieutenant to have precise details on criminals, the Police Lieutenant can then send the photos to other Police members and they can then know who to look for and have a fixed description on suspects.

Advantages for suggestion 1 :

-If the Police are in a chase with the vehicle and they lose the suspect, the GPS or new app can track their location.

Advantages for suggestion 2 :

-It can save a lot of meta game about names etc.
-It would save the citizens and Police forces time.

Reaction score
CaptainHerbert said:
The car tracker idea but I guess it would have to cost a lot to buy and install it.
Indeed it would, but, it should work the same way as the car alarm, it despawns.

ind

Reaction score
+Support,I like this idea, gives it a little more PUSH to the gamemode when your car gets stolen. Yes and the cost is the only problem. Will it be permanent on the car or do you have to be re-applying it.

Reaction score
I don't know if the picture idea is possible, and the car tracker sounds ok. I just use a Remington to find my car however. + support (To the first one)

C2W

Reaction score
Not sure why you would want to pay for a mobile app that can find your stolen car, when you can go to am/pm and get a security lock, so it never gets stolen... However its a cool feature but sort of useless.

Reaction score
+Support that would be very cool the tracker and it would lower metagame for littlebit.

Reaction score
Obviously there is no way we can do the take a picture to send to police chief, as I said in the past, sending a link to some image (of in game related things) is acceptable in a IC type chat, only for instances like that. So if you have puush, you can send links to the picture taken with that in nonOOC. Any links to anything other than game related information is not acceptable and can be reported for.

As for the tracker, I think C2W brings up a valid point, just get the car security system for now. Down the road when we've completed a bunch of major changes, we will be overhauling the police system to be a far more complex and "easier" to catch criminals with. Easier in the sense that you can easily gather evidence to convict someone, as opposed to now where unless an officer witnesses the crime, usually people seem to walk free.

ind

Reaction score
To be honest with you this would only come in handy if once your car has been missing or stolen then you cannot RESPAWN it at ALL. Until you find it or fix it yourself. So I don't think there would be much point, my opinion.

Reaction score
ind said:
To be honest with you this would only come in handy if once your car has been missing or stolen then you cannot RESPAWN it at ALL. Until you find it or fix it yourself. So I don't think there would be much point, my opinion.
Agreed with this, but we also need to fix respawning stolen/impounded cars to a better system, so if your car was impounded it costs a fair bit of money to retrieve (more than just a trafffic ticket), unfortunately presently there would be no way to report your vehicle as stolen, so if someone crashes it then police impound it, you'd have to pay the fine unless officers were smart enough to know that was your vehicle that you told them about and had you come get it/roadcrew take it to a place for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.