Stores close at a certain time (Idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayjay

Reaction score
Before you read and comment about this, I understand that this may of been suggested before and it may of been considered, however I don't think anyone has really made a suggestion following the template and actually placed valid points. To be honest, I want you guys to comment and suggest what could be added with this - I feel that it's a good idea and should be added to the server.

Short explaination:
This idea is pretty much that upon the night-time in-game stores such as Fredy's, CoS, the bank and Jennifers close up for the night then to return and open again in the daytime.

How this should work (Detailed Description):
At a certain time within the game (around 8-9PM) the NPC's in the stores vanish and the shops are then un-usable, my initial idea was to (if it's possible) have the doors close and the lights of the shop turn out upon the closing of the shops and for it to use the algorithm from the drug dealer (when someone is using the NPC / in range of the NPC it does not vanish).

I'm not too sure if the lights and the doors closing are possible due to the lightmapping being a in-map thing and I doubt could be changed using server functions (something I know absolutley nothing about).

As I previously said, the system would work somewhat like the drug dealer - Where someone is in range of the NPC's then they do not vanish until the person has gone from the area (a certain radius) as people may be using the store at the time. If the automatic door timing was possible, the same system could possibly work for that aswell. (doors do not close if someone is inside)

Nighttime
0d91cdfdc6.jpg

I'd love to hear your feedback on this, and hopefuly a lot of features from what I have suggested can be added. I heard Stephen talking about this idea of the stores closing at a certain time, this idea enhances roleplay and also makes people actually think about the times of buying food and doing everyday things. Obvious things such as the police department and ownable properties will always be open. This may also encourage people to sell food within owned properties rather than wait till the morning to travel to Fredys and get food that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.