[Suggestion] 4.2 Paramedics (The nasty combat revivers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add:
4.2 Paramedics
Typically, Paramedics may not enter a crime scene if it has not yet been secured by law-enforcement personnel. Paramedics cannot at any time patrol the city but may park at places such as the Fire Department, Police Station, Hospital, other sensible non crowded area’s and wait to be called out, this excludes Paramedics using the First Responder vehicle, if they are using it they may patrol. Paramedics must inform Police Officers if they have treated wounds which have been inflicted as a result of a crime, for example, gunshot wounds.

Your version of the rule:
4.2 Paramedics
Typically, Paramedics may not enter a crime scene if it has not yet been secured by law-enforcement personnel. Paramedics may also not enter any area where shots are actively being fired. All paramedics must stay out of possible danger from any gunfights, meaning if shots are fired at slums paramedics may not stay at shady street, as other parties could come and injure the medic. Paramedics may also not revive any officers even if behind cover while shots are fired. Paramedics cannot at any time patrol the city but may park at places such as the Fire Department, Police Station, Hospital, other sensible non crowded area’s and wait to be called out, this excludes Paramedics using the First Responder vehicle, if they are using it they may patrol. Paramedics must inform Police Officers if they have treated wounds which have been inflicted as a result of a crime, for example, gunshot wounds.
Typically, Paramedics may not enter a crime scene if it has not yet been secured by law-enforcement personnel. Paramedics may also not enter any area where shots are actively being fired. All paramedics must stay out of possible danger from any gunfights, meaning if shots are fired at slums paramedics may not stay at shady street, as other parties could come and injure the medic. Paramedics may also not revive any officers even if behind cover while shots are fired. In the case of a full area being actively shot in, a paramedic can find a location distant from the shootout to treat wounded and revive players. The location may not be directly within the line of fire and away from crowds (i.e. a medic can not set up a checkpoint at bazaar parking lot for a bazaar shootout, rather at car dealer). Paramedics cannot at any time patrol the city but may park at places such as the Fire Department, Police Station, Hospital, other sensible non crowded area’s and wait to be called out, this excludes Paramedics using the First Responder vehicle, if they are using it they may patrol. Paramedics must inform Police Officers if they have treated wounds which have been inflicted as a result of a crime, for example, gunshot wounds.
Note: Text in BOLD is the difference between the first and second one.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited:
Because the way we have medics working right now is ignoring the may not enter a crime scene rule. They run through. It's simple unbalanced to bits when it comes to this.
Especially with the rules added how we cannot kill government employees which are unarmed without proper justification - main issue is you know what they're attempting, you're not allowed to shoot though.
It's just game breaking to see this stuff. Maybe this could be the thing that could balance out cops vs civilian scenarios even with the current max. 16 officers.

EDIT: It would stop medics from becoming easy targets for hostage situations. It would also help staff members when dealing with this as they're completely banned from areas like that.

p.s.
I am not very good to justifying things like this. But you get the point.

Please leave down your comments about this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In my opinion, if a medic is able to revive a cop in a shootout its safe. i mean if the cop gets revived next to the shooter what can he do? his vision is blurry and can barely see anything and will probably get shot immediately. If he hasn't been finished off.

Reaction score
TBH with you under other rules players cannot search the pd when killing cops at slums. This is pretty dumb overall because its pretty much saying fuck the medic job lets remove it. Your point is that they shouldn't endanger themselves by being near a shootout but its there job to administer aid. Could also be easily abused by civs just shooting randomly in a shootout all though all cops maybe dead as it means medics have to leave the area.

Reaction score
  • Staff
In my opinion, if a medic is able to revive a cop in a shootout its safe. i mean if the cop gets revived next to the shooter what can he do? his vision is blurry and can barely see anything and will probably get shot immediately. If he hasn't been finished off.
What they do now is revive people while getting directly shot at. Even a blurry screen fades if you're long enough behind cover.

Reaction score
  • Staff
TBH with you under other rules players cannot search the pd when killing cops at slums. This is pretty dumb overall because its pretty much saying fuck the medic job lets remove it. Your point is that they shouldn't endanger themselves by being near a shootout but its there job to administer aid. Could also be easily abused by civs just shooting randomly in a shootout all though all cops maybe dead as it means medics have to leave the area.
Exactly. The medics should not go there until it's safe. The sole purpose is to save lives not endanger his own life, which the medics often do. They don't know when it's safe to revive most of the time and will usually run while shots are being fired at them to revive someone.

EDIT: I've changed the example within the rule.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Edit. Added a variant of the rule which covers area-based shootouts

____
Than thats pretty safe to revive a cop.
It isn't. As a result of reviving the officer they will be shot if the officer is killed.
cool apparently I can't reply directly to comments. These comments are trash :/

Reaction score
All the rules of perp are kinda shitty in the end anyway.

Reaction score
What they do now is reviving people while getting directly shot at.
The example you have used is people breaking the rules. I may be wrong here but if you would just do yourself a favor and report it every time it happens the staff team will soon start to realize that its an issue and will probs try to sort it. I have noticed and I can't say im not within this but a lot of people just cry about it in OOC and move on. If you're not going to report its not going to ever be sorted. This suggestion that you have made is just saying medics should have to be at the hospital in a shootout at slums. This just puts cops at a massive advantage because they cannot be revived. IMO its stupid and I think you quite clearly have not thought about this idea in any kind of way.

Reaction score
I think this should be added because it will balance things out, I am a cop mostly, and every shootout there's a medic right next to some cops reviving them the second they go down.

Furthermore, it's not usual that EMT/FF's goes into high-risk areas before the polices gives a ''code 4'' out on the radio. They usually stage in the area, such as f.ex stage at Regals Parking in a Slums Shootout..etc.

And I see the power LEO's f.ex gain in shootouts when medical personnel is outside ready to revive the second they get shot/stabbed or whatever might happen.

Reaction score
The example you have used is people breaking the rules. I may be wrong here but if you would just do yourself a favor and report it every time it happens the staff team will soon start to realize that its an issue and will probs try to sort it. I have noticed and I can't say im not within this but a lot of people just cry about it in OOC and move on. If you're not going to report its not going to ever be sorted. This suggestion that you have made is just saying medics should have to be at the hospital in a shootout at slums. This just puts cops at a massive advantage because they cannot be revived. IMO its stupid and I think you quite clearly have not thought about this idea in any kind of way.
It's very hardly enforceable as the rule states you cannot enter a crime scene. If you're outside the building it can though be considered as a clear area.

Reaction score
Citing combat reviving as a reason for this is a fallacy, combat reviving is against the rules already. Adding another rule isn't going to stop medics that already disregard rules like this. If you see it happen, report it or these medics you keep speaking about will get away with it every time.

Reaction score
Citing combat reviving as a reason for this is a fallacy, combat reviving is against the rules already. Adding another rule isn't going to stop medics that already disregard rules like this. If you see it happen, report it or these medics you keep speaking about will get away with it every time.
Combat reviving is an issue as the rule doesn't define moving out of the line of fire as unsafe.

Reaction score
But moving out of the line of fire IS safe...
I've never seen a medic survive after getting into cover and reviving an officer. It's extremely stupid and armed guys will rush the officer and then kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.