Server Suggestion [Suggestion] Sell from storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Allow items for sale to be sold from storage.
The way this would work is that you'd put items into a "For Sale" category in storage which, when an item is sold through the cash register, it would pull the items from storage until you run out of stock.
Once out of stock, the "Sell from storage" option has to be unticked before the item can be sold normally.

Normal category restrictions should still apply. (e.g, you cannot buy more than one pistol/twelve rifle ammo boxes at a time)

Why should this be added? (pros): This is a really good way to save performance server wide. It would allow people to sell several items for only having to place one. It is both convenient for prop limit, readability and performance as I said before. You wouldn't have 20 boxes of rifle ammo, killing your FPS when looking at it due to the text being displayed and overlapping.

What negatives could this have? (cons): Unrealistic, considering a copy of the item magically appears.

*Other additions: Prevent this feature from working if the item is too far away from the storage chest, or outside of a property marked as a shop in the bank. (Prevents people from tossing a gun for sale into the back of a truck and taking it into a raid)

PJEuXTE.png

SCGnuSQ.png

mZw7WMz.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I actually love this so much, this would great as you wouldn't have to waste 20-30 prop limit on a few ammo boxes, this way you can sell way more individual items and this way there isnt 20-30 ammo boxes that are all so laggy and unreadable texts when looking at them.

Reaction score
Holy shit this is a great idea!

I perfectly agree that this would be a great addition to the server and would make running a shop SO MUCH easier.

Reaction score
This is a fantastic idea. It would allow shops to sell a greater variety of items and at greater stock levels, removing the limitations of the prop limit on stores.

Reaction score
I like the idea however, the attempt to abuse it will be very insane for example:

Putting it at a location where u can grab a gun and instantly shoot at someone, its like a temp storage in the middle of the base.
Or selling your drugs at DD never was so simple and less risky & faster (especially bazaar, docks and some others).

another addition:
- you can set an amount you sell to not sell out your full storage

Reaction score
I like the idea however, the attempt to abuse it will be very insane for example:

Putting it at a location where u can grab a gun and instantly shoot at someone, its like a temp storage in the middle of the base.
Or selling your drugs at DD never was so simple and less risky & faster (especially bazaar, docks and some others).

another addition:
If you don't want your storage sold out, you just don't put the item in the "For Sale" category...
The "For Sale" category is used to mark items for sale, which means the item for sale via cash register will just pull items from that category until that category is empty. It should never pull from your main storage.

Look at the image...
PJEuXTE.png

Also, putting it in a location where you can grab it requires someone to buy it for a price. Setting it for $0 will just let anyone grab it for free, and risk getting snaked.
As the owner of the item, you can't "buy" the item anyway, you'd have to pick up the for sale item to use it.

Also I have no idea what you mean with selling drugs. This doesn't work as a storage chest.

Reaction score

another addition:
I think the idea of making it so it would have to be near the storage chest is a good one. Maybe just make this only work inside of "shops" properties.

Reaction score
This idea would be very cool, but will kill bazzar.

I believe this is (somewhat) the reason they banned sites such as perpmarket.com
how is allowing players to restock items directly from their storage rather than having to place each individual item on a table going to kill the place where people sell items? it's basically just a quality of life change to how you'd sell things with a cash register.

Reaction score
This idea would be very cool, but will kill bazzar.

I believe this is (somewhat) the reason they banned sites such as perpmarket.com
Specifically restrict this feature to shops, then. This won't kill bazaar if it's specifically implemented with bazaar, city market place or business shops in mind.

Reaction score
Would be cool for passive roleplay, opening a cafe or something and having food out on display, don’t have to keep restocking it every second.

Reaction score
A negative that I see is that mugging people won't happen as often since the owners of the store barely have to go inside of their shop

Reaction score
A negative that I see is that mugging people won't happen as often since the owners of the store barely have to go inside of their shop
This is a point I was going to raise as well. The ability to manage what you have for sale in a shop should involve obvious manual labour as selling items should be a grind too.

The current system works fine as is IMO.

Reaction score
This is a point I was going to raise as well. The ability to manage what you have for sale in a shop should involve obvious manual labour as selling items should be a grind too.

The current system works fine as is IMO.

I appreciate your point but I feel that this isn't that significant of an issue and there is still balance with this method. You still have to craft all the items, buy the store, set up your furniture props (shelves, fencing etc) and then place the items that would be sold down. You then have to move the stock from your storage to your For Sale section, monitoring it and restocking as needed.
I think the same goes here; people would have to spend time crafting the items which may make them easier for mugging as they will have to go between their storage and their workbench (assuming its on the outside of the Bazaar shop) as well as going to their storage to restock the For Sale section.

Still very valid concerns nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.