Tapatalk

• Thread starter Thread starter MattIs
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattIs

Topic: Installing the TapaTalk plugin on the forums.

Short explanation (in notes):
Install the tapatalk plugin in xenforo.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...): As a bit of a forum nerd, each time I wish to check out the forums, I have to open the browser on my phone. Type in Perpheads.com and so on. With tapatalk installed we can get push notifications straight to our mobile and be able to access the forums in a much easier manner. Open the app and press Perpheads. The messaging UI for the inbox is nice too!

Optional additions:
-
-
-

I've developed for several forums / communities and the last one I was apart of I installed the ability to use this application (Tapatalk) the app is pretty sweet with great features, however the only good thing about this application which would benefit us is the fact that it has push notifications which can be quite nice to have.

However the thing is, the theme which me, Fredy and a few other people decided on was this one 'core' and one of the reasons which it was chose was due to it's amazing mobile functionality and the ability to use it on pretty much any mobile device. The look of the browser version is awesome and looks exactly like the PC version, with no glitches or bugs with it - The only thing which can be quite annoying with the current mobile version is the lack of ability to post comments on threads which would not be solved with the 'tapatalk' application due to our comment system being a purchased third-party plugin which we added after the inital release of xenforo.

The only benefit Tapatalk would add to the forums is the push notifications, I mean adding it is quite simple and is no stress; so I don't really see why we wouldn't add it.

I'll ask Fredy about this and get back to you with what he says.
[DOUBLEPOST=1422532684,1422475053][/DOUBLEPOST]As promised, I spoke to Fredy about this and his reply was
<11:16:24> "Fredy" pokes you: taptalk sucks ass

Which in short, I kind of agree - The functionality of it isn't amazing and really isn't for our type of forums. The way it works is usually a kind of twitter thing and more meant for bigger forums with the 'feed' and stuff like that. The current forum mobile design is fine as it is, and the Tapatalk application wouldn't really do anything beneficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.