TF2/CS:GO Trading in 2018

Reaction score
Hello people, so recently i been digging around and trying to find a better hobby to replace my perp addiction.

And so, i thought i'd give tf2/csgo trading a chance.

I am calling anyone who can help with how trading nowadays would work in 2018.
I'm asking for some tips and shit maybe even tf2 metal prices, csgo things etc.

Just leave a reply with some useful shits, i never seriously traded on csgo or tf2. (Only a little bit)
Or you can suggest me a better hobby :)

Thanks!
8AEF3DF9F586093A86CABBED4D356717B08FFF65

Reaction score
Let me tell you (as a veteran trader myself) that trading isnt really worth it anymore. You have to invest quite a few hundreds b4 u can start to think about making profit. Also, it takes a very long time (like, srsly, months if not more) to trade items sometimes. Nowadays, trading has been less active and it's way more difficult to start. You could try buying items for 75% (if you're rly lucky) and then selling it for 85%-90% (again rly lucky to do that) in keys. I dont think this is what you're looking for, but hey, good luck.

Reaction score
What Roxie said simply isn’t true, I went from like 0.50c to an unusual in just a few weeks and I made good profit. I used to sweat trading SO MUCH and it’s definitely a fun grind; ask @Creepis. The most efficient method I ever used was to collect trading cards for like 1-2 scrap and then sell them on the Steam Community Market and buy keys with the funds. Essentially you’re paying around 1 cent per card and making back like 6 cents which doesn’t sound like much, but when you have 400 at once like I did, you can get $10+. Ask your steam friends and especially people from this community; people sometimes have 100+ cards that they don’t even give a shit about bc I got well over 200 cards for free from people in PERP. My son guadalupe jose gabriel_subzero gomez isn’t satisfied with the pay he’s getting for mowing my lawn, SMH! I’ll explain more methods and Unusual Trading to you on TeamSpeak later today if u dont get caught by LA MIGRA!!!

Reaction score
Trading cards are a great way to make easy profit. Once you get into unusual trading however it slows down quite a bit, the process of selling unusuals highly depends on your detication. Selling unusuals is a long boring road and you do get better at it as you go but at the moment I feel that unusual trading isnt worth it anymore not only because they are hard to sell but also because alot of bots buy unusuals at the quicksell price so when people get fed up with trading they just give it to a bot rather than sell it to an actual person. You definetly still can trade unusuals but I don't recommend getting into low tier unusuals the ones that go for around 8-13ish keys are very hard to make profit with. If you manage to get into the 25 key unusuals and above it starts getting a bit easier again and at around 40 keys it gets rather difficult again, atleast from my experience. If you are patient and up for the grind go for it, but if you are someone like me who doesnt want to wait weeks for a single trade it wont be a great idea.
If you do get into trading backpack.tf will help you alot it can convert key prices into metal for you and everything.
All of this is from my experience after around 5000 hours on tf2.

Reaction score
Trading cards are a great way to make easy profit. Once you get into unusual trading however it slows down quite a bit, the process of selling unusuals highly depends on your detication. Selling unusuals is a long boring road and you do get better at it as you go but at the moment I feel that unusual trading isnt worth it anymore not only because they are hard to sell but also because alot of bots buy unusuals at the quicksell price so when people get fed up with trading they just give it to a bot rather than sell it to an actual person. You definetly still can trade unusuals but I don't recommend getting into low tier unusuals the ones that go for around 8-13ish keys are very hard to make profit with. If you manage to get into the 25 key unusuals and above it starts getting a bit easier again and at around 40 keys it gets rather difficult again, atleast from my experience. If you are patient and up for the grind go for it, but if you are someone like me who doesnt want to wait weeks for a single trade it wont be a great idea.
If you do get into trading backpack.tf will help you alot it can convert key prices into metal for you and everything.
All of this is from my experience after around 5000 hours on tf2.
I only speak for tf2 trading though, I know nothing about csgo

Reaction score
Trading in tf2 is super fun, but after a while it gets anoying as the trading servers are filled with people that dont trade they just troll or play there for fun