The DOs and DON'Ts of perp for new lads

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Hello everyone, some people might not know me but I am shit cop Ermak, and I was involved in quite some stuff over the last years.

I was demoted from my position as corporal (once again sigh) and got really upset. Now I actually found what was wrong with it and want to share the k n o w l e d g e with you.

Perp is just a game lol, and I did it wrong in the way that I tried hard and grinded in perp. You tryhard in life. In games you chill out. Games won't bring you any positive long term result. Life will.

Also the less effort you put into stuff = the less you are upset about losing it. So just don't try hard and it won't hurt you. Play games to chill out, not to get on your nerves.
Ermak was and still is the most promising officer in the department. People take advantage of your age and use it against him. Through growing up you learn and gain experience to help you make decisions under stressful situations. I used to find it hard to follow 3.4, I felt it was something I had to focus and concentrate on in every situation just so I wouldnt break it. The way to Improve was putting yourself in the position to where things can go wrong and learn from your own actions. Can't wait for you to be back where you belong Ermak, because you deserve it more than anyone else.

Reaction score
Before Reading, This is no way a hate post towards Ermak. Just a eye opener for the children of perp and as well as Ermak.

Perp is just a game lol
Im happy u finally realised.
I tried hard and grinded in perp.
So did i, and i'm happy that i made a lot of friends because of my grind with @Jay and @Shadow @Elm .
You tryhard in life. In games you chill out. Games won't bring you any positive long term result. Life will.
In life being your best at anything can give results, just because it's a game doesn't mean u don't have to put all your effort into it. Good things come out if you try your best at the thing you do/love.

Games do bring positive results long term.
For ex:
shrouf_line.jpg

Shroud.
He had grinded cs and csgo for a long ass time and got to where he is now. (ex esports/benched player atm)
I idolize Shroud because he is the best at like any game he plays.
You know why he's so good?
Because he fucking grinds the dam game to the point to where he's actually fucking good.
Your Best Results Show After A Long Term. Could be years, could be months etc.

I myself have never stopped grinding perp ever since i came back (i am indeed inactive a bit rn) back in early 2016 (i think) and i was real shit at shooting and aiming. But i didn't stop no matter what because i knew that if i wanted to prove the minges of perp that i wasnt cheating, i would have to show by my grind worth that i wasn't a cheater. You can ask @Jay how shit i was back then with like 20fps.
Positive things do come out if you grind/"tryhard 7"
I do one day strive/want to be a professional esports player, but haven't fully looked into it yet.
From my grind on perp i have adapted a good reaction time and have learned recoil control like no ever. This "tryhard" thing i did will benefit me if i want to become pro at a game.

Also if you grind out police on perp, you would most likely adapt the leadership skill and it would greatly benefit you in real life.
Ex: Law Enforcement IRL love leadership and it would most likely get you promoted. etc.

Games won't bring you any positive long term result. Life will.
Also, you say this as if you just turned 30 or some shit yesterday.
Also the less effort you put into stuff = the less you are upset about losing it. So just don't try hard and it won't hurt you. Play games to chill out, not to get on your nerves.
I can slightly agree with the games to chill out and not get on ur nerves, but the less effort thing is a no go my dude. You're saying the less effort i put into a thing that can enhance my career by a bunch, i shouldn't care at the end of the day. It's not a good thing to say is what im trying to put out because people would have this same mind set and you/they will be wondering why you aren't moving forward in life.

Also another example is your singing, you wouldn't want to stop because its "not worth it" at the end of the day. Keep grinding @ErmakDimon , keep going no matter what who cares what people say. They will notice how far you have gone and if you don't stop grinding you will get to the point where good things will happen in life. You will prove those who shed dark on you that the grind you're doing wasn't pointless.

TL;DR: Just because it's a game, doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Games can benefit you in many ways. Do your best on anything you do as it can benefit you in many ways :).

Reaction score
Capture.PNG
Hey guys, me here.

So I feel like good old Emrak over there is onto something, honing your gun play skills for hours a day on a 14 year old non-competitive game may not be the best life decision.

Then again some guy I can't be bothered to quote says that he grinds the perp shootings so he too can be an E-sports player, good on you fella. Hit me up when GMod has a competitive league with a (real money) prize pool of more than £13. Don't get me wrong though I do get it, Gmod shares a lot in common with the fresh and popular competitive shooters, on occasion I've launched Gmod and mistakenly thought I was playing Overwatch, it's pretty deceptive. This one time I even tried to blow up a wall because the hyper-realistic, modernized graphics fooled me into thinking I'd accidentally launched Rainbow Six Siege.

Shit, I should probably get in on the Gmod competitive scene, 3D art's probably taking me no-where anyway.

Actually you know what I'm going to address some things Glacial said because I've got 20 minutes spare and haven't interacted with this community for something like 2 months.

Capture.PNG
So I'm with you 100% on that first sentence, ultimately games offer different value for each individual. Some people seek escape, some people seek scares, some people seek dating experience with promiscuous anime babes.

So the Gmod thing to you is a way of enhancing your career by "a bunch", now I don't have my abacus handy so I can't double check but "a bunch" alludes to you thinking that PERP is going to be your big break in the e-sports scene. Hate to break it to you champ, I doubt it is. I could start breaking down my take on the gameplay in CS, R6S and Overwatch to support my point and if you ask me to I probably will, but I feel like just mentioning them sets an example for competitive gameplay that (in my experience) PERP can't attain.

I feel like if you're wanting to develop career skill in competitive shooters so you can be a successful e-athlete, you'd probably be better off playing competitive shooters. I didn't develop understanding and skill with 3D modelling by manipulating images in Photoshop, and in a similar way I don't think I'd improve in CS:GO by playing a game-mode that can drop to 30FPS at high population and has a completely different combat mechanic implemented, completely different map design, and a completely different 14 year old base for the game-mode.

Edit: Just remembered they're both Source Engine, GMod and CS:GO are tailored for different experiences in my opinion though.
Capture.PNG
So I was a Captain for the prestigious Paralake Police and you're not wrong, if you decide to put some effort in at the higher ranks you'll probably develop some leadership skill. Again though, I think there's a bit of a difference between leading bored teenagers risking 10 minutes of their time and hard working people with dependents, risking their lives. See "the leadership skill" isn't one set thing, it isn't a binary "Yes you are of the leadership" or "No you are of the follow other", it's something that develops in shades of gray I guess. I'm not of the opinion that the level of leadership you develop within PERP would "most likely get you promoted", I expect that trying to use anything you've learnt on PERP in actual police work would get you shot, fired or laughed at, on a bad day it might garner a bit of a combination of the 3.

See for me I always thought PERP was a way to practice actual, pre-established leadership skill and experience, take Jordan and Chris for example. They're a proper pair of nerds, made a pretend police force and want to be paid fuck all to serve an ungrateful public, but fuck me could they get lazy teenagers to do what they're told. They bark their alpha-numerical orders down that radio and you'd better believe they got results, because they were leaders, they developed that skill in the real world with real experience.

Capture.PNG
I admire a man/boy/woman/girl/GenderHere with conviction and determination, you've earned my respect. But from my experience positive things come out whether you grind or not, I made 3.1 million for my virtual Audi R8 in a few hours and all I did was tell a few jokes and talk to some mates that had cash floating around. I got D3V to basically buy me anything I wanted just by insulting him and shooting/shouting at people he didn't like, ask him if you want he can probably still remember the 2 gold trimmed, double upgraded Range Rovers he paid for.

I suppose your point more discusses the combat side of things than the having fun side of things though, and even I can't win a fight with a witty remark and my good looks, believe me I've tried. A bit of personality does make it easy to win over the people that spend all their time grinding though, and they fight ferociously to defend their charismatic mates when it comes down to the shooty-bang-bang, I like to think it's a symbiotic relationship since they make it easier for you to walk around taking the piss out of people and you give them ' a valid justification' for shooting people when someone talks back, win-win.

Capture.PNG
P R E A C H I T S I S T E R
If Master Emrak wants to sing, let him sing. If he wants to dance, let him dance. Life is far too short to hold yourself back for fear of what people will think, and this is probably the only point you made that I managed to read without wondering how you'll support yourself in later life. Again PERP and singing are different, I don't think I need to explain why.

Capture.PNG
There's no harm in trying, just make sure you don't fall down the rabbit hole of wasting months of time on a game that'll (hopefully) mean nothing to you when you hit your mid-20's. Life needs balance, work and play for example. If you're really dead set on becoming a pro-gamer in the competitive shooter scene, play some competitive shooters that are currently in e-sports leagues and pick them apart, understand the mechanics of them and begin to develop a winning mindset. Talking about how the PERPHEADS SERIOUS ROLEPLAYING SERVER is a prelude to Counter-Strike success is a bullshit justification for enjoying the game-mode. If you have fun mucking around with your mates and shooting people at a framerate that could be matched by me using my printer as a display device, then just do it.

TL;DR: Don't pretend you're preparing for the whole "I need to know how to defend drugs and ward off the cops in-case the next competitive shooter has a 40 minute warm-up period where you simulate life as a drug dealer before being asked by the constabulary about why your windows are poorly barricaded by 3 planks and a floating bathtub" scenario.

Oh if anything I've written doesn't make sense you'll have to forgive me because I spent all night 3D modelling to prepare for a career in brick laying.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has this problem but you ... none taking the game so serious except you

Reaction score
It brings results though, if you grind you get more stuff and you can do more fun things, happiness from a game can affect your life in the long term.
Not saying that I grind perp though considering I have around 5h/2weeks

Reaction score
Before reading, i just want to say props to @JustFedorable for actually replying to my post constructively unlike some others.

Also i don't want this to be a BEEF thread like all the other ones that usually end up that way. Fedorable if you're reading this i wont reply if u post again. Just comment on my profile or add me on steam.

Then again some guy I can't be bothered to quote @Glacial_Subzero says that he grinds the perp shootings so he too can be an E-sports player, good on you fella.
Thanks!

So I feel like good old Ermak over there is onto something, honing your gun play skills for hours a day on a 14 year old non-competitive game may not be the best life decision.
Indeed it's an old game, but PERPHead's gun mechanics is what makes it special from the other gamemodes/games. Not saying you should follow what i think is right, as you are the one shaping your own path at the end of the day.

Perphead's combat system is competitive but not gmod ofc.

Hit me up when GMod has a competitive league with a (real money) prize pool of more than £13.
For sure ill try to hit u up when there's a "prize pool" larger than 13 euros????

Don't get me wrong though I do get it, Gmod shares a lot in common with the fresh and popular competitive shooters, on occasion I've launched Gmod and mistakenly thought I was playing Overwatch, it's pretty deceptive. This one time I even tried to blow up a wall because the hyper-realistic, modernized graphics fooled me into thinking I'd accidentally launched Rainbow Six Siege.
I didn't really seem to get the joke as it was missing the point. (maybe cus im american greekP)

Anyways, i'm sure i didn't say gmod would have a competitive scene at all. Thing is i did say that gmod has helped me improve my reaction time as well as learning recoil control, maybe i should've said "Perphead's Gun Mechanics & In-Game Combat Experience has helped me improve my pvp and combat experience a lot" instead of saying "Gmod has helped me improve in many ways".

From learning these basic combat "moves" it will help me later down the road "IF" i want to look into E-sports. Keep in mind i didn't say i would find a career in gmod because it's "competitive"?

What i'm trying to say is perpheads has helped me learn to shoot and it will be useful for me to use the techniques i learned and be used on a game i find interest in and become an "e-athlete".

Shit, I should probably get in on the Gmod competitive scene, 3D art's probably taking me no-where anyway.
Yea, because some how i said gmod had a competitive scene?

So I'm with you 100% on that first sentence, ultimately games offer different value for each individual.
You just said it yourself, games offer different value for each individual.
I dont get why you're trying to clown on me because gmod is 14 years old??

It has helped me improve my reaction time, it was probably the only game i fully enjoyed playing while still being good at it.

Cs:Go couldn't provide that as i couldn't be asked to carry 10 year olds who are fat memes, when i could be hanging out with friends and shooting right by their side with full communication thru teamspeak in game.

So the Gmod thing to you is a way of enhancing your career by "a bunch", now I don't have my abacus handy so I can't double check but "a bunch" alludes to you thinking that PERP is going to be your big break in the e-sports scene. Hate to break it to you champ, I doubt it is. I could start breaking down my take on the gameplay in CS, R6S and Overwatch to support my point and if you ask me to I probably will, but I feel like just mentioning them sets an example for competitive gameplay that (in my experience) PERP can't attain.
Once again, i didn't say i would take gmod seriously to the point i would competitively play it. LUL
I'm sure we both know it will not be in that scene ever.
For the career enhancing thing, i ment it by pvp/combat experience because of perpheads, or pd if u want.

I feel like if you're wanting to develop career skill in competitive shooters so you can be a successful e-athlete, you'd probably be better off playing competitive shooters. I didn't develop understanding and skill with 3D modelling by manipulating images in Photoshop, and in a similar way I don't think I'd improve in CS:GO by playing a game-mode that can drop to 30FPS at high population and has a completely different combat mechanic implemented, completely different map design, and a completely different 14 year old base for the game-mode.
I understand what you're trying to imply, but thing is gmod(well perpheads) has helped me improve my recoil control and aim.

Back then i didn't know how to control recoil nor how to aim because i grew up around a console and learned that there's no recoil on guns(because of aim assist)

Thanks for the tip but i already know that if i want to become pro e-athlete i would obviously get into the game i want to play competitively.

Wrote this while listening to xtentacion, at 3am. Also had a bad anime bitch on my side helping me write this.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
View attachment 3192
Hey guys, me here.

So I feel like good old Emrak over there is onto something, honing your gun play skills for hours a day on a 14 year old non-competitive game may not be the best life decision.

Then again some guy I can't be bothered to quote says that he grinds the perp shootings so he too can be an E-sports player, good on you fella. Hit me up when GMod has a competitive league with a (real money) prize pool of more than £13. Don't get me wrong though I do get it, Gmod shares a lot in common with the fresh and popular competitive shooters, on occasion I've launched Gmod and mistakenly thought I was playing Overwatch, it's pretty deceptive. This one time I even tried to blow up a wall because the hyper-realistic, modernized graphics fooled me into thinking I'd accidentally launched Rainbow Six Siege.

Actually you know what I'm going to address some things Glacial said because I've got 20 minutes spare and haven't interacted with this community for something like 2 months.

View attachment 3193
So I'm with you 100% on that first sentence, ultimately games offer different value for each individual. Some people seek escape, some people seek scares, some people seek dating experience with promiscuous anime babes.

Edit: Just remembered they're both Source Engine, GMod and CS:GO are tailored for different experiences in my opinion though.
View attachment 3194
So I was a Captain for the prestigious Paralake Police and you're not wrong, if you decide to put some effort in at the higher ranks you'll probably develop some leadership skill. Again though, I think there's a bit of a difference between leading bored teenagers risking 10 minutes of their time and hard working people with dependents, risking their lives. See "the leadership skill" isn't one set thing, it isn't a binary "Yes you are of the leadership" or "No you are of the follow other", it's something that develops in shades of gray I guess. I'm not of the opinion that the level of leadership you develop within PERP would "most likely get you promoted", I expect that trying to use anything you've learnt on PERP in actual police work would get you shot, fired or laughed at, on a bad day it might garner a bit of a combination of the 3.

See for me I always thought PERP was a way to practice actual, pre-established leadership skill and experience, take Jordan and Chris for example. They're a proper pair of nerds, made a pretend police force and want to be paid fuck all to serve an ungrateful public, but fuck me could they get lazy teenagers to do what they're told. They bark their alpha-numerical orders down that radio and you'd better believe they got results, because they were leaders, they developed that skill in the real world with real experience.

View attachment 3195
I admire a man/boy/woman/girl/GenderHere with conviction and determination, you've earned my respect. But from my experience positive things come out whether you grind or not, I made 3.1 million for my virtual Audi R8 in a few hours and all I did was tell a few jokes and talk to some mates that had cash floating around. I got D3V to basically buy me anything I wanted just by insulting him and shooting/shouting at people he didn't like, ask him if you want he can probably still remember the 2 gold trimmed, double upgraded Range Rovers he paid for.

I suppose your point more discusses the combat side of things than the having fun side of things though, and even I can't win a fight with a witty remark and my good looks, believe me I've tried. A bit of personality does make it easy to win over the people that spend all their time grinding though, and they fight ferociously to defend their charismatic mates when it comes down to the shooty-bang-bang, I like to think it's a symbiotic relationship since they make it easier for you to walk around taking the piss out of people and you give them ' a valid justification' for shooting people when someone talks back, win-win.

View attachment 3196
P R E A C H I T S I S T E R
If Master Emrak wants to sing, let him sing. If he wants to dance, let him dance. Life is far too short to hold yourself back for fear of what people will think, and this is probably the only point you made that I managed to read without wondering how you'll support yourself in later life. Again PERP and singing are different, I don't think I need to explain why.

View attachment 3197
There's no harm in trying, just make sure you don't fall down the rabbit hole of wasting months of time on a game that'll (hopefully) mean nothing to you when you hit your mid-20's. Life needs balance, work and play for example. If you're really dead set on becoming a pro-gamer in the competitive shooter scene, play some competitive shooters that are currently in e-sports leagues and pick them apart, understand the mechanics of them and begin to develop a winning mindset. Talking about how the PERPHEADS SERIOUS ROLEPLAYING SERVER is a prelude to Counter-Strike success is a bullshit justification for enjoying the game-mode. If you have fun mucking around with your mates and shooting people at a framerate that could be matched by me using my printer as a display device, then just do it.

TL;DR: Don't pretend you're preparing for the whole "I need to know how to defend drugs and ward off the cops in-case the next competitive shooter has a 40 minute warm-up period where you simulate life as a drug dealer before being asked by the constabulary about why your windows are poorly barricaded by 3 planks and a floating bathtub" scenario.

Oh if anything I've written doesn't make sense you'll have to forgive me because I spent all night 3D modelling to prepare for a career in brick laying.

Tl;Dr please for Welsh people that cant read