The Evading Police Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Recently, lots of people have been warned and banned for evading police without reason, i personally think that in real life, lots of people will evade, and it is a realistic thing to do, i dont believe you would of had to have murdered someone to evade, or done something really bad, just breaking quite a few traffic violations should be a reasonable enough reason to evade. Please reply with what you think on this.

Reaction score
To be honest, the only people I've seen on shows like Traffic Cops evade are people like drug addicts and drink drivers. I've never seen someone evade because they went through a red light and bumped into a wall unless they have a specific reasoning, e.g. have weed on them and can easily be detected.

I don't think it's realistic, the only reason why you think it might be like that is that you don't know the full backstory to the evasion.

Reaction score
Most people in irl won't evade if they have just broken a simple traffic law. You won't run away from the police inside your vehicle only because you've ran stop sign in real life would you? The changes of you getting away with it in real life for example is really small anyway. ''You think'' lots of people will evade in real life. I don't see people evading for simple traffic laws to be honest with you.

Reaction score
To be honest, the only people I've seen on shows like Traffic Cops evade are people like drug addicts and drink drivers. I've never seen someone evade because they went through a red light and bumped into a wall unless they have a specific reasoning, e.g. have weed on them and can easily be detected.

I don't think it's realistic, the only reason why you think it might be like that is that you don't know the full backstory to the evasion.

Fair enough, but that is another point to make, you could have a lot of illegal substances on you and you will still be punished for evading, you should at least be able to evade for that reason.
[DOUBLEPOST=1499599256,1499599157][/DOUBLEPOST]
Most people in irl won't evade if they have just broken a simple traffic law. You won't run away from the police inside your vehicle only because you've ran stop sign in real life would you? The changes of you getting away with it in real life for example is really small anyway. ''You think'' lots of people will evade in real life. I don't see people evading for simple traffic laws to be honest with you.

No but im on about a lot of traffic laws like speeding, and just reckless driving in general, im not saying you should be able to evade for failing to indicate.

Reaction score
Fair enough, but that is another point to make, you could have a lot of illegal substances on you and you will still be punished for evading, you should at least be able to evade for that reason.

Police Officers may not search your vehicle for a simple traffic violation. And since we can't really 'smell' the drugs, evading because of it would be pointless.

Reaction score
A good reason you can't evade the PLPD for minor reasons is to avoid people starting chases for the fun of it, and possibly escalating situations to a shootout or alike. People in real life can do a lot of stuff, but in real life we only have one life, in PH you have infinite amounts meaning players may act as recklessly as they like if they don't have any items they are scared of losing.

Reaction score
Let's take a minute to deconstruct and analyse rule 3.4.
3.4 Putting your Life at Risk

Any actions taken by a player that may put their In-Character life, freedom from imprisonment or general well-being at risk must be done so in a realistic fashion and for beneficial reasons.

After breaking a traffic law, you are most likely liable to a small fine, nothing more, so before evading we should ask the questions:
  • Does it risk your freedom from imprisonment?
  • Is it realistic?
  • Does it benefit you in any way?
These questions should be easy to answer. Although, some may argue the following: (like yourself)
you could have a lot of illegal substances on you

As already stated above, LEO's will not search you or your vehicle over a traffic offence.

just breaking quite a few traffic violations should be a reasonable enough reason to evade. Please reply with what you think on this.

Not at all. By evading over a traffic ticket, you are making yourself liable to jail time, which is a disproportionate response to receiving a ticket. Something similar is mentioned within 3.4:
The risk involved with the murder of a Police Officer is typically grossly disproportionate to the benefit of avoiding a traffic ticket.

Some may argue, that they would rather go to jail than get fined, because they want to keep their money, however, evading makes you liable to a bigger fine also.

Hope I could help xd

Status
Not open for further replies.