The well knbown freezing problem

Reaction score
Hello, just me wondering if the glitch/bug that makes you freeze at entering the server will be fixed in the closest future? I'ts a huge issue in my opinions and i think there's a slight chance people stops playing or doesn't continue to play on the server since they can't move and think you'll ever get unfreezed?

Not a huge problem maybe but i would like it to be fixed :3

-PotatoMineTurtle

Reaction score
No fix or server bug or anything You have to wait until you are finally loaded in, it is a client side issue. People often complain about this but as said. Just wait 5-10 minutes and if you sill can't move then rejoin and wait again.

Reaction score
Ever since v2 I haven't froze that often. All it means is that your still loading into the server. If it takes to long I usually just relog and it works.

Ash

Reaction score
Well i have a way/guide for you what Blackdown did. The bad thing is if you follow it you may have to delete all your demos.

Follow these steps:
1. Click the start button
2. Click computer
3. Open the harddrive, "OS (C:)" *NOTE* The actual Harddrive name is OS (C:) with no space where the, "-" is.
4. Go into the folder, "Program Files (x86)"
5. Scroll down until you find the Steam folder and open it
6. Scroll down a little until you see a folder called, "SteamApps" and open that too.
7. Go under the folder, "Common"
8. Then go into, "GarrysMod" and continue on into another folder called, "garrysmod"
9. Go into the folder, "Demos"
10. Select all the files in there and either place them elsewhere or delete them completely. ( It is recommended to put the demos in a backup folder, somewhere where you are able to find them in case you need them for any video proof. )

Open up Garrys Mod, join Perp, and poof! Fast joining.

Another way to do this is;
1. Join the server
2. Once step one is complete if you are taking some time to load in and you have waited about five minutes then proceed. If you just joined, no need for this.
3. Press escape and press disconnect and then rejoin.
4. Repeat step 3 around 2-3 times until you load in quickly.

Another way;
1. Download the content pack https://perpheads.com/forum/server/g...r-content-pack
2. Once installed continue.
3. Follow option 1.
4. Join the server
5. This should greatly increase loading time.
6. If it still doesn't load in fast enough, then follow option 2.

Reaction score
Ash said:
Well i have a way/guide for you what Blackdown did. The bad thing is if you follow it you may have to delete all your demos.

Follow these steps:
1. Click the start button
2. Click computer
3. Open the harddrive, "OS (C:)" *NOTE* The actual Harddrive name is OS (C:) with no space where the, "-" is.
4. Go into the folder, "Program Files (x86)"
5. Scroll down until you find the Steam folder and open it
6. Scroll down a little until you see a folder called, "SteamApps" and open that too.
7. Go under the folder, "Common"
8. Then go into, "GarrysMod" and continue on into another folder called, "garrysmod"
9. Go into the folder, "Demos"
10. Select all the files in there and either place them elsewhere or delete them completely. ( It is recommended to put the demos in a backup folder, somewhere where you are able to find them in case you need them for any video proof. )

Open up Garrys Mod, join Perp, and poof! Fast joining.

Another way to do this is;
1. Join the server
2. Once step one is complete if you are taking some time to load in and you have waited about five minutes then proceed. If you just joined, no need for this.
3. Press escape and press disconnect and then rejoin.
4. Repeat step 3 around 2-3 times until you load in quickly.

Another way;
1. Download the content pack https://perpheads.com/forum/server/g...r-content-pack
2. Once installed continue.
3. Follow option 1.
4. Join the server
5. This should greatly increase loading time.
6. If it still doesn't load in fast enough, then follow option 2.
Oh okay, I guess I'll try.