Server Suggestion Thompson Submachine Gun (Tommy gun)

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Thompson Submachine Gun (Tommy gun)
Suggestion Description: This would add the Thompson Submachine Gun as a craftable item just like the rest of the firearms. It would be the most expensive SMG to craft since it's larger than other SMG's.

If the tommy gun was added to the game then
there should be 2 mags for it (normal and drum).

The normal magazine will be able to hold 25 rounds
And the Drum magazine will be able to hold 50 rounds

(I'm not sure if adding a drum magazine for this gun would be the best idea since if it was added, this gun would be turned into the most used weapon)

I feel like this weapon's stock should be crafted seperately just like the other SMG's and assault rifles.

Edit: this gun will use 20 round stick magazines.
If anyone asks why would anyone use a SMG with only 20 rounds, It will deal high damage since the Thompson Submachine Gun uses 45. ACP (the same rounds used in Colt 1911s)

Why should this be added?:
- We haven't had any new weapons in so long.
- It's cool.
- "Rattle 'em boys!"

What negatives could this have?:
- none I could think of except for the drum magazine if it was added too.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: The lack of new weapons in so long.

Useful Images: https://images.app.goo.gl/ZKTAH8CesM6URLjh8

Last edited:
wouldnt it basically just be a sidegrade to the UMP45? i dont really see a good reason to add this. and the drum mag would just make it a bit too op

I believe the gun would be way too op with a drum mag, if it had the 20 round box magazine it would be a bit more balanced, also, i doubt this will be accepted due to models and stuff.

wouldnt it basically just be a sidegrade to the UMP45? i dont really see a good reason to add this. and the drum mag would just make it a bit too op
I suppose they could just add the normal mag only and not add the drum mag.

I believe the gun would be way too op with a drum mag, if it had the 20 round box magazine it would be a bit more balanced, also, i doubt this will be accepted due to models and stuff.
I know models take time to make but wouldn't be nice to finally get new weapon?
It would also be a nice addition if someone wants to Roleplay as Mafia org.

It's gonna go unused like the MP5A4, I get the idea but it's not very fitting for modern perp.
The MP5A4 is under-used because everyone pefers the MP5K and others but I feel like if the tommy gun was well balanced, then it most likely would not be under-used or over-used.

Wouldn’t really fit, 50 round would be op, would probably have no acceptance for attachments making it not too viable compared to other smgs, iron sights on Thompson are shit, overall 45 would be hard to balance in a smg and if you truly want to use a similar weapon then go place 1940s rp lol

A tommy gun was partially developed years ago alongside a kriss vector but was subsequently cancelled. You can still find the sound files for the Thomson in the content pack.

Mp7 has similar issue where to counter balance the 40 round mag and high fire rate it doesn’t accept muzzle devices. So if by some miracle it was added you’d be forced to use shitty sights against everyone and there bajillion dollar reticles

Personally If they were to add a firearm from the same period I’d prefer they add a BAR so I can wall bang the fuck out of everyone and deafen them with the lords caliber +it’s a cooler gun

Wouldn’t really fit, 50 round would be op, would probably have no acceptance for attachments making it not too viable compared to other smgs, iron sights on Thompson are shit, overall 45 would be hard to balance in a smg and if you truly want to use a similar weapon then go place 1945
Nah they shouldnt add a drum mag for it but a 20 round mag would be balanced.

Mp7 has similar issue where to counter balance the 40 round mag and high fire rate it doesn’t accept muzzle devices. So if by some miracle it was added you’d be forced to use shitty sights against everyone and there bajillion dollar reticles
mp7 accepts muzzle devices

A tommy gun was partially developed years ago alongside a kriss vector but was subsequently cancelled. You can still find the sound files for the Thomson in the content pack.
I guess that would make it even easier to add into the game.

I guess that would make it even easier to add into the game.
Not when the person who made it is gone, It'd be needing to be made from scratch. Such an addition has no real potential here and I'd much rather see some more realistic street guns from the 21st century added.

Not when the person who made it is gone, It'd be needing to be made from scratch. Such an addition has no real potential here and I'd much rather see some more realistic street guns from the 21st century added.
An-94 with a two round burst would be beautiful