Timing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

maeen

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Hello

So as of recently, I have been timing out whilst in RP quite a few times, just happened a few minutes ago as well, I don't know why it does that, does anyone have any solution to fix that? I have internet connection throughout the whole time out, so it is not an internet error I do believe. It is quite annoying and it does ruin RP for others.

If you have a solution, I'd be forever grateful.

Thank you in advance

Reaction score
I had this issue a long time ago. I Uninstalled and re-installed the game and did an Internet Speed Check. It fixed after a couple of days doing so.
How many people ACTIVELY Use the internet in your house at the moment?
Are you using ethernet or wireless? If Wireless, Are you using a USB Dongle or the Internet Card?

Reaction score
What are you using for your ethernet? A Port, A Cable straight from the router, Wifi Repeater or a Power Line Adapter?
Just for reference, A Power line adapter is this:
1589667884461.jpeg
51fyhoy9rKL._SL1200_.jpg

You can use ethernet from the Repeater...

Last edited:

maeen

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Sadly, it has not been solved yet. Seems like there's not many people that think this issue is real, and just think that I am doing this to avoid being caught for breaking the rules lmao.

Reaction score
@FARSTAD how new is your Ethernet cable? While it’s unlikely, it could be the culprit, it could just be defective and causing issues since day 1.
When you time out, how long is it for? Do you have a static or dynamic IP? Have you contacted your ISP?

Here is some trouble shooting I would suggest,
-unplug Ethernet and try it over WiFi, or a different cable.
-try setting your IP back to dynamic if you aren’t currently hosting. I’ve had issues with my static IP overlaying with other IPs assigned in my household
-contact ISP, if The above doesn’t work or anything else, they’ll probably just replace your unit and hopefully that will fix it :)

maeen

Communication Banned
Reaction score
A few weeks old, only been plugged in to the router, and to the PC. I don't lose internet connection however during the timing out. I've timed out today, with maybe like 30-45 minutes between each. I never loose internet connecting however,

Status
Not open for further replies.