Tracking Courier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Being able to track your shipment when placing an order

Why should this be added? (pros): It helps people who buy materials through the courier rest assured that the courier is not AFK and will be heading towards them shortly. I think it will me fairly easy to do considering that we have the same thing for dispatchers when they track officers and such. Just a good addition overall. It will also increase the amount of people who order through the delivery app and make the job more useful.

What negatives could this have? (cons): None that I can think of.

*Other additions: Only be able to track him after placing an order ofcourse.
If order is cancelled by courier then you get a full refund.
If order is cancelled by the person who placed it then they receive a 20% or 50% refund to avoid people who place orders and cancel them just to annoy the courier.

*Images
:
EJRqOV3U0AAyONz.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Negative: People are already insanely toxic to courier about not getting their package to them instantly, so they would spam OOC with "courier stop doing shop orders and get mine done!"

Sam

Reaction score
Whenever the package is loaded up on the truck we send the buyer a text message. Is this not enough? Tracking seems a bit over the top.

Reaction score
I am Neutral on this idea, if it were to show live where they are on the map then I agree with Puffy's point. If it were a system that shows if the order has been received, picked up and delivered then I would +Support. However, it would be a fair bit of work to implement something like that which is a drawback.

Reaction score
Just feel like the app is useless. When I tried ordering from it today I was unaware whether or not my order was being accepted or delivered or if there was going to be any delay due to other order. If you're able to track him then you will be aware of all this, and it would be even better if there was a system of received, picked up, and delivered, like @naZa stated. Another issue I saw was that when my order got cancelled I only got a 20% refund, why not 100% since it wasn't picked up to begin with? Community is aiming to make more use for those jobs and this refund thing isn't helping.

Reaction score
I don't think this is an issue really, they can complain all they want in OOC. Pretty sure anyone can handle the criticism since it literally comes with every job, shouldn't be denied due to the community being too "toxic". Being able to track might even reduce them since they are aware that the courier is actually getting things done rather than sitting AFK, and there should also be an option where you cancel your order and receive a 20% refund if you feel like the courier is taking the piss. Reason I said 20% here is to avoid people making orders and cancelling immediately then getting a full refund back. Gonna edit post and add it.

Sam

Reaction score
Tracking players via GUI is messy, that is the problem here. When you order something, you pay 20% of the total price, the rest you pay on delivery. That is why you got 20% back.

Reaction score
@Samuel Ah alright, if its not worth the coding then I agree, but would you at least be able to add the system where you can see whether the order is received. picked up, and delivered or even getting delayed? So that even if your order gets delayed the courier has an option to inform you about the delay. I will add an image as an example

Reaction score
@Fasool tbf if there was a phone app for delivery drivers for package management the job might become a little bit more popular

Reaction score
If they think the courier is AFK, they can make a report. I've done it before and if they are they get demoted. Simple.

Reaction score
@Puffy Sandvich We all know it really isn't that simple, you need to make a report and wait for a staff member to claim it that is if there is a staff member online to begin with. Whereas if you can see that he is AFK you can just cancel your order, make a report, and get the items yourself rather than wasting time and waiting on an order that will never arrive.

Reaction score
I don’t want to play courier for the first time in a year and head towards a gas station to refuel during a delivery just to see “[OOC] Customer: FUCKING MINGE COURIER NOT DELIVERIMG MY FUCKING PACKAGE” :/

it’s a no from me.

Sam

Reaction score
If we move away from the position tracking of delivery drivers, maybe it would be cool to at least be able to see order status?

Reaction score
Could the order be assigned as a stop?
So it shows your there’s 5 stops and your stop 3 for example?

Reaction score
Yea I agree with this, its too complicated to code perhaps and so the next best thing is just having a order status.

Sam

Reaction score
This is possible, but more often than not, there are a maximum of 2 packages in a truck, and mostly it’s from NPC stores. So stops won’t make sense in that way, unless we make it so more shops order stuff? And then decrease the amount of money you get for way, so it’s a job where you always got stuff to do.

Sam

Reaction score
Accepted-ish

There will be no real time tracking of the poor delivery driver, but you will be able to see the status of your delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.