Two /panic suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
AUDIBLE PANIC ALERT SOUNDS - Minor
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/audible-panic-alerts.36027/

Main Idea: Implement custom sounds so that there is an option to audibly alert the rest of the officers when /panic is pressed.

Full description of the idea: As the main idea says, implementing a sound that plays to all emergency services when a panic button is pressed. I feel that not everyone is considered in suggestions, so you should be able to enable/disable this in the options menu. Something like this might suffice for the tone:

Why should it be added?: As of now, you can easily be tabbed out, or perhaps even brush away the appearance of red text in your cluttered text box for a moment (perhaps due to yours truly clogging up OOC complaining about the absolute state of marksmanship). With the implementation of a high-tone panic-like sound played over the waves, you'd be instantly notified of a panic being pressed and also psychologically prepped for the sudden and dangerous nature of a situation you're responding to.

Pros:
+ Provides much more realistic settings for panic buttons @Alyt
+ Gives an audio-based cue to alert officers

Cons:
- Could annoy players (though this would be a one-time, not spammable thing that would most likely result in an instant blacklist or reprimand)

MORE DESCRIPTIVE PANIC - Minor
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/more-descriptive-panic.36028/

Main Idea: Have the /panic button display the person's name in their respective job colour.

Full description of the idea: Once again, literally as explained above. Here are some examples:

Officer [Panic] John Doe in the Bazaar [Panic]
Mayor [Panic] John Doe in the Bazaar [Panic]
Secret Service [Panic] John Doe in the Bazaar [Panic]
Fire Fighter [Panic] John Doe in the Bazaar [Panic]
Dispatcher [Panic] John Doe in the Police Department [Panic]
Chief of Department [Panic] John Doe in the Bazaar [Panic]

Why should it be added?: As of recent, I have witnessed multiple different panic buttons being pressed. Despite the primary motive being to respond to the location quickly, it's also highly useful to know the occupation of the user, as the radio chatter would tell me. The officers spend an average of 3 seconds figuring out who the person is, which is valuable response time. The reason it's quite important is to be able to identify what the level of risk the target is up against. Let's say a medic or firefighter was being kidnapped. They're unarmed and defenceless, so they're less likely to be executed then say, an officer. As well as this, when people like the mayor misuse their panic button then it is easily identifiable that their panic may be a false alarm.

Pros:
+ Easy and quick response
+ Helps assess the severity of the situation
+ Helps assess what the situation actually is

Cons:
None that I can think of, bar development.

Reaction score
accepted.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.