RULE SUGGESTION: Panic Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
At the moment, I'm seeing a lot of people pressing their panic button when at gun point and such. The stories I've heard for the excuses, like "I thought the panic button was a small discreet device in your sleeve". Anyway, I think it'd be nice to clear it up in the rules about when you can press it.

The original suggestion made by Nuka did say the panic button was on the radio https://perpheads.com/forum/server/ideas-bug-reports/accepted/16272-panic-button
So, it would be good to add in the 4.0 section of the rules to say that when your life is in danger like being under gun point it should not be pressed.

Very small rule, however it will hopefully stop people spamming their bind when they have around 3+ guns being pointed at them.

Reaction score
I 100% support this. I don't think someone would pull out their radio and spam a button whilst under gunpoint.

Reaction score
Yeah, IMO this would break 3.4 if a cop uses panic button while under gunpoint.

Reaction score
jjjackier said:
Yeah, IMO this would break 3.4 if a cop uses panic button while under gunpoint.
it is breaking 3.4 - However, it should either be added to 3.4 as an example, or another rule added.

Reaction score
Glad this has been clarified, their are a lot of people who spam that bind under gun point and a good portion of those justify it. This should help people understand when it is appropriate to press the panic button.

Reaction score
But cops should be able to press the panic button when getting out of their car while at gunpoint and while they are dropping their radio - it's realistic.
Sorry for digging out this thread.

Reaction score
I agree with this, using panic button at gun point, is like calling 911 at gun point (not exactly).

Trande

When I know, that I go to a dangerous situation, I always have one finger on the panic button. So if someone comes around the corner with a gun, and I immediantly press the panic button, it isn't wrong, or is it?You can't really compare it with calling the police since, it is simply pressing a button on your radio. It's a fast thing to do, and not a big problem, if you are prepared.

Reaction score
Trande said:
So if someone comes around the corner with a gun[...]
I think seeing a guy with a gun at a corner is different from having a gun pointed on you: the patic button sholdn't be pressed after you have a gun pointed to your face till the owner turn his back

Deleted member 5920

An action that is autobinded, like ** Ethan presses a button on his radio

Reaction score
If I may clarify something, (sorry for reviving this) the panic button is located on the radio which according to the player model used in PERPHeads for police is located on the belt. When you're exiting a vehicle, is it not INCREDIBLY easy to literally swipe your finger over the little button, on the side of your body while clambering out of your seat? The entire purpose and creation of the panic button both in real life and in-game was a silent, undetectable method of alerting units. Of course, if you're not tied already, but at gunpoint by a lot of men who are constantly watching you, it'd be much harder to move your hand away from wherever it was to press the button, and yes, that should be stated in the rules.

But something like most people here are suggesting nullifies the entire purpose. It basically becomes /panic instead of /radio All units (location), which is pointless. It's loud, noticeable, and mostly ineffective.

Reaction score
I support this for officers, but for mayor that could be hidden somewhere in jeans or something like that

Reaction score
+Support.
Today we tried to hostage mayor and her 3 ss. They all did /panic on gunpoint.

Reaction score
If you approach as scene in a cop car and as you pull up they start pointing guns, you should be able to push the button discretely, especially when getting out as the car and the car doors would cover your hand tapping the panic button on the radio, situated on your belt. I agree that if you are at point blank gunpoint you can't press it, but if you are at long range or in cover as someone is attempting to take you gun point, you should easily be able to hit it without anyone noticing, as if you have your hands by your sides, your hands are by the button anyway

Reactions: Roj
Reaction score
A rule will be made up and put in as soon as it's finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.