[Suggestion] Panic button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/discussion-panic-button-redesign.28957/

Main Idea: Redesign the system

Full description of the idea:
When you activate your panic button, it is in a toggleable state. ON or OFF.
This should be displayed in bright red text somewhere on your screen for you to be easily notified of your panic button being enabled or not.

A system should be set in place in which you must confirm that you wish to switch on your panic button by a double press of the button before your panic starts broadcasting to prevent an accidental panic alarm to go off.

The officer's name and rank should appear in red text when transmitting, deafening any other users speaking in radio to give a clearer message. [Thanks @Col. Collier]

[Without dispatch]
Officers who have triggered their panic button should appear somewhere on the right or left side of your screen with name and location.

[With dispatch]
Panic calls appear like they usually do for dispatch, and officers can be assigned to a panic call manually.

The panic button should also be able to be disabled by any person that tampers with a government employee's unconscious/dead body, and can ONLY be disabled.

Once the employee dies, the panic call will remain until either the body decays, or another government employee or civilian interacts with the body in order to disable their panic button.

A dispatcher can remotely switch any persons panic button to an off state.

If a panic call is active in the area, other employees will be unable to activate their panic buttons in the same area.
Any employees that enter a new location where a panic button is already active, will have their own disabled automatically in order to preserve screen space, and to keep dispatchers' menu organized and clean.

Why should it be added?: The way this system works now, it spams dispatchers with panic calls whenever an officer's life is at risk or they're taking fire from someone.
Designing the system this way will allow for the system to be more fluent than it currently is.

Pros: Certainly a better experience when trying to read panic calls

Cons: Certain idiots will leave their panic buttons in an active state when leaving a scene

*Other additions: N/A

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you press it won't it screw up all radio communications? Because the Sergeant that want to gives orders to send units to the panicing officer. Can't be heard over the radio any more.

Reaction score
From what I briefly read, when a panic is pressed all other people over the radio are not able to transmit the message, and people around it can't press the panic button, which means someone yelling out for a flank can't say it in time unless he is typing?

I am a dispatcher and the other part of the idea feels unneeded too, I manually remove extra panics within seconds.

Not needed.

Reaction score
I am a dispatcher and the other part of the idea feels unneeded too, I remotely remove extra panics within seconds.

Not needed.

Lets forget the Dispatcher part. Because they are rarely in service. I don't think the system works without a Dispatcher. If some one dies he still mutes the police radio via is panic button. And ofcourse if a officer keeps its pannic button on. We can't tell him via the voice based radio to turn it of again.
We get the same problem as wo2 tank command members had.

The current system works fine. Lets focus on things that really need to be improved.

-support.

Reaction score
As Alliat said the current system we have now is completely fine however maybe we can add features to it to avoid accidental mis presses such as maybe you have to press your panic bind twice so it is kinda like the noclip the staff use, you press it once and it says 'Press V Again to activate noclip' May sound stupid but leave replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.