UK Referendum

• Thread starter Deleted member 4084
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4084

So I thought of making a thread on this. I won't know much about it, but maybe you guys could help. Anyways; to the point. Should we stay in Europe or leave?

Here is what it says if we remain in Europe:
On Thursday, 23rd June you will have the opportunity to decide if the United Kingdom remains in the European Union. It is a big decision. One that will affect you, your family and your children for decades to come.

The Government believes that voting to remain in the EU is the best decision for the UK. This is your chance to decide your own future and the future of the UK. It is important that you vote.

The UK’s special status
The UK has special status in a reformed EU. It has kept the pound, will not join the euro and has kept control of the UK border.

The UK Government has negotiated a new settlement with the EU ahead of the referendum. The Government believes this deal gives the UK within the EU the best of both worlds.

The UK has secured a special status in a reformed EU:

• we will not join the euro
  • we will keep our own border controls
  • the UK will not be part of further European political integration
  • there will be tough new restrictions on access to our welfare system for new EU migrants
  • we have a commitment to reduce EU red tape
The deal gives the UK the best of both worlds. The UK is stronger, safer and better off in a reformed EU. We have access to the Single Market and play a leading role in determining the rules that govern it.

EU membership contributes to the attractiveness of the UK for international investment. It also gives us access to trade deals with over 50 countries around the world. EU membership means opportunities, jobs, and greater economic security for the people of the UK.

This special status means that it is the Government’s view that the UK’s national interest – the interests of every family, household, business, community, region and nation within our United Kingdom – is best served by our country remaining in a reformed EU.

And here is what happens if we leave:

Voting to leave the EU would create years of uncertainty and potential economic disruption. This would reduce investment and cost jobs.

The Government judges that it could result in ten years or more of uncertainty as the UK unpicks our relationship with the EU, and renegotiates new arrangements with the EU and over 50 other countries around the world.

Treasury analysis shows that if the UK leaves the EU, after 15 years this could mean:

• a cost per year equivalent to £4,300 per household in the UK
  • a hit to tax receipts of £36 billion a year
  • this is the equivalent of an extra 8p on the basic rate of income tax
Some argue that we could strike a good deal quickly with the EU because they want to keep access to our market. But the Government’s judgement is that it would be much harder than that – less than 8% of EU exports come to the UK while 44% of UK exports go to the EU.

No other country has managed to secure significant access to the Single Market, without having to:

• follow EU rules over which they have no real say
  • pay into the EU
  • accept EU citizens living and working in their country
A more limited trade deal with the EU would give the UK less access to the Single Market than we have now – including for services, which make up almost 80% of the UK economy. For example, Canada’s deal with the EU will provide limited access for services like air travel, broadcasting and banking. The deal has been seven years in the making, and is still not in force.

If the UK voted to leave the EU, we would lose access to trade agreements with more than 50 countries outside the EU. The UK would seek to renegotiate these deals, but this would take years and there is no guarantee that the UK would manage to negotiate terms as good as those we enjoy today.

The UK would miss out on the benefits of the trade deals currently being negotiated by the EU, including with the US and Japan. When these are successfully concluded our exports to the EU, plus other countries covered by EU trade deals, would account for 82% of total UK exports.

This makes slight sense. But if you guys can help me think about it personally, for example: Why we should stay and why we should leave.

Deleted member 5920

I wanna stay so that prick David Cameron can know what it feels like to have to stay apart of something you don't want to.

Deleted member 1235

http://www.betteroffout.net/the-case/10-eu-myths-about-withdrawl/ If you're going to create a fair post then paste what the IN campaing says and what the OUT campaign say rather than taking both side from one viewpoint.

Even the most basic of Economic students will tell you that the Eurozone is doomed. The economies of Southern Europe can in no way keep up with those of Northern Europe. Had the Eurozone been created just for Northern Europe (France,Germany,Denmark etc) then maybe it could've worked but not now.

The same people who say if we leave the EU we will crumble are the same people who said in 1999 if we don't join the Euro, we will crumble, the pound will be worthless and millions of jobs will go. Well over the past 10 years the Pound has always been strong, Even during the financial crash in 2008.
cca4041b4b0b6ee86ea72edaaae79f74.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MattIs

Don't believe anything the pig fuckers tell you. It will not create economic uncertainty.
Don't let big CEO's and dirty politicians force you to have an opinion so they get more money.

I WILL BE VOTING TO LEAVE on June 23rd and I strongly reccommend people who are voting, think of the economic corruption lead by Angela Murkel.

Reaction score
Well you've started a huge argument on the forums, good job.
You shouldn't post things like this on the forums in my opinion. It just makes people share their opinions, which clash with other people's opinions, and then ends up in a huge argument because the two people are too much of an imbecile to realise that other people can have separate opinions.
Anyway, I always stick to this when I'm about to post something that may spark an argument when it comes to posting opinions:

Picture removed by Rogue because it's quite disgusting.

Here's a Cornish pasty instead:

pasties-33.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ayjay

Reaction score
Honestly who gives a fuck, I feel personally that leaving the EU would give us more control over our borders and we would also stop paying the shit ton of money to the EU and keep it all for ourselves like the greedy cunts we are.

Also David Cameron wants in and I'm going to vote out just to be a cunt.

(Jk I think we should stay in, change is bad)

Reaction score
Vote to leave.
Enough's a enough.

my reason:
My old area.

Our area which is no longer our area.
dee02c4cca22c91444c7224f2ac15eb7.jpg

0a918ba728b92ee36b9efba80c079d87.gif

5f762aca2e27f6b6daf568e0379565b7.jpg

7ea31c3e42d63d18388d71a4b005b430.png

d7161560a5378d2abf736f3c11df88b7.png

122 Churches.
158 Mosques.
I'm not racist and I don't have racist views but most of you guys don't get to see what its like for us but we basically live in slums and you guys live in posh houses.
@MattIs

1. Compare the sizes of the mosques to the sizes of the churches.

2. Who is "we" and who is "them"?

3. The UK had colonies in Pakistan, exploited them to oblivion, so you can't blame them to leave their now war-riddled home.

Your post is the best example for populism. It tries to convience people of some kind of muslim invasion happening and you "british people" getting a smaller part of the cake, which is just fucking retarded.

Your post is disgusting.

Reaction score
You lot are all fucking stupid.

1. You are all so fucking young you can't vote, leave it to the adults because you are all very ignorant.
2. Leaving the EU will not solve our immigration problem, we already have control over our own borders.
3. Leaving will put trading at risk, currently we can trade freely with EU countries (Our main source of income), leaving means we will have to create new trade deals that will most likely be far worse than what we currently have, this means companies will look to other sources to buy from within the EU to keep costs low.
4. Companies within the UK will be put at risk as they will have higher import costs when buying from EU countries.
5. Birmingham or other highly populated "immigrant" area's will not be any different due to them already being in the UK at the time of the vote, people are not going to be thrown from their homes.

Staying within the EU is an easy choice, we can always negotiate for better deals while still having the EU benefits.
[DOUBLEPOST=1463511985,1463511339][/DOUBLEPOST]Requesting the deletion of this thread, this thread is nothing more than a racist cult meeting, also the majority of the player base and people in this thread do not have the right to vote in the United Kingdom, to prevent further escalation and racist comments this thread should be entirely removed from this forum as it has no place here.

Status
Not open for further replies.