When are you allowed to use Car Bombs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello! Sorry for my trash English.

Situation, Yesterday the boys and I planned a raid. We had done some recce around and found a proper target at Projects. We left a man there just to try and count and figure out how much opposition we would meet if we were to raid it. Our guy there finds that there were about 3-4 guys all armed with assault rifles. My boys and I have about 100h combined on Counter Strike and have barely touched GMOD for the past 10 years so we knew that they would out-gun and take us out through both skill and superior weaponry, as we're just armed with shotguns.

We decide that we'll use a car bomb to take as many of them out as possible to increase our chances of winning the raid, by reducing the number of enemies. Because just rushing in there and lockpicking would most likely have failed. We look around to see if there's anything against it and find in Rule 5.3 " Players are only permitted to use 2 bombs per raid, timed or remote. This does not include grenades. ", we took this as a green light to use bombs.

While we're waiting for them to swallow the bait in the pub, we see 2 of them run towards the bazaar still with their assault rifles and from what we see, 1 of them jump into the car and a second later, boom. We see the guys with the assault rifles turn around to face the car and we realize that in that situation we will not be able to win the fight as we saw 1 guy still in the apartment and 1 guy just disappeared, so we decide to bail out of there instead of risking it. We could maybe have opened fire as we saw the guy get into the car as they were holding rifles, but they were just too far away for us to be effective at that point. What really made that plan fail, was that they spread out, which is fair.

What happen a little later is that we get warned for breaking rule 2.5 due to this failed raid attempt. Would it have been different if we actually committed to it?

This had me thinking, then when are you actually allowed to use a car bomb? You're obviously not allowed to RDM someone just for the kicks. You're not allowed to use a car bomb in revenge. It's very difficult to use a car bomb in a defensive setting except for after being raided and that's a grey zone. Then when can I use it or why is even in the game?

Solution
You can only use a car bomb, from my knowledge, for assassinations like for example against the mayor if he badly affects you with taxes, or if someone caused you massive damage like 10k+ or like killed your friend then you may bomb his car, but you have to make sure it won't affect anyone else so not in a crowded car park.
Reaction score
Hi Dalle,

In general, Car Bombs are used for situations where the victim has done or caused something severe to which killing them AND destroying their vehicle are proportionate to their original actions.

You're not allowed to use a car bomb in revenge

You are allowed to use car bombs to get revenge, however the only thing in question is, what are you getting revenge for? Is it because someone punched you once and called you a mean name? Or is it because they killed a few of your org members?

I understand how this can be confusing as a newer player, however carefully going through 2.5 and 3.4 should put you on the right track to understanding situations where the use of a Car Bomb is permitted.

Reaction score
You can only use a car bomb, from my knowledge, for assassinations like for example against the mayor if he badly affects you with taxes, or if someone caused you massive damage like 10k+ or like killed your friend then you may bomb his car, but you have to make sure it won't affect anyone else so not in a crowded car park.

Solution
Reaction score
You were warned because you put a bomb on a car to raid an apartment, killing someone who didn't even reside in the base. (not that it'd be allowed if they were however). The user was org allies with the base but was not basing in there. (No one was anyways, it was 1 guy crafting)

You can't use CAR bombs to raid, because they go on cars, Not in front of doors. The only reason you're allowed to raid with a bomb is because it gets the door open and damages defenses, car bombs do neither of these things. Furthermore your choice of using a car bomb was baffling seeing as they're almost double the cost of a remote or timed explosive.

You use carbombs to assassinate users in a hard to counter way without risking getting DNA evidence on yourself.

Reaction score
Hi!

The bombs mentioned in 5.3 Raiding are remote and timed explosives, these can be used to blow off doors and blow up defenses that might be inside a base! This is limited due to balancing reasons. Although I like the idea of weeding out opponents using a carbomb it's still excessive, seeing as they have no chance to defend themselves in that raidscenario.

Contrary to what you wrote, you are allowed to use carbombs to get revenge on certain people. HOWEVER always make sure to bomb the right car, make sure to limit additional damage, eg you shouldn't place a bomb on a car that's surrounded by a lot of other cars. Bombing a car is obviously with the intention to kill said player, so make sure the revenge you take is for them causing a major loss on your side, eg he killed your buddies, tried killing you with an offensive weapon.

If you're unsure if a carbomb is allowed in a certain scenario, you can always press F6 and make a help & support ticket. In which you explain the scenario and the reason you would put a carbomb on said vehicle. A helper or staff member will then reply to you and give you some clarification!

Reaction score
Hi Dalle,

In general, Car Bombs are used for situations where the victim has done or caused something severe to which killing them AND destroying their vehicle are proportionate to their original actions.

You are allowed to use car bombs to get revenge, however the only thing in question is, what are you getting revenge for? Is it because someone punched you once and called you a mean name? Or is it because they killed a few of your org members?

I understand how this can be confusing as a newer player, however carefully going through 2.5 and 3.4 should put you on the right track to understanding situations where the use of a Car Bomb is permitted.

Oh, my friend was told off a few years ago to not try and commit any acts of revenge for putting my other friend in prison. We misunderstood that as to never commit any type of revenge, our mistake!

Clearing it up as a tool only for assassination helps out a bit. And yeah of course you shouldn't do it in the middle of the car park outside of the PD unless it's the PD you're targeting I suppose for any reason?

You were warned because you put a bomb on a car to raid an apartment, killing someone who didn't even reside in the base. (not that it'd be allowed if they were however). The user was org allies with the base but was not basing in there. (No one was anyways, it was 1 guy crafting)

You can't use CAR bombs to raid, because they go on cars, Not in front of doors. The only reason you're allowed to raid with a bomb is because it gets the door open and damages defenses, car bombs do neither of these things. Furthermore your choice of using a car bomb was baffling seeing as they're almost double the cost of a remote or timed explosive.

You use carbombs to assassinate users in a hard to counter way without risking getting DNA evidence on yourself.

I can accept that, I didn't see anything specifying that a raid had to be inside of the "object" as I have been shot outside of an "object" during a different raid. Or that the firefight broke loose in the forest outside of hicktown.
I don't see how it matters if they're crafting, they were all armed and running back and forth into that apartment. Do you need to confirm they have drugs before raiding?
The goal wasn't to blow up the apartment, the goal was to reduce the resistance we would meet during the raid. As the others on this thread pointed out, we could only use it for assassination, while we tried to use it as essentially a mean to ambush. We didn't know that wasn't allowed.
Using those bombs will help us get into the apartment but might not cause much confusion on our opposition, take some of them out or give us the upper hand in the raid. Especially as stated, we are not the best shots. And what does the price matter if you're doing the raid for the fun of it, isn't that why you raid in the first place?
Understood that you use carbombs to assassinate users in what can almost be considered last resort situations.

Hi!

The bombs mentioned in 5.3 Raiding are remote and timed explosives, these can be used to blow off doors and blow up defenses that might be inside a base! This is limited due to balancing reasons. Although I like the idea of weeding out opponents using a carbomb it's still excessive, seeing as they have no chance to defend themselves in that raidscenario.

Contrary to what you wrote, you are allowed to use carbombs to get revenge on certain people. HOWEVER always make sure to bomb the right car, make sure to limit additional damage, eg you shouldn't place a bomb on a car that's surrounded by a lot of other cars. Bombing a car is obviously with the intention to kill said player, so make sure the revenge you take is for them causing a major loss on your side, eg he killed your buddies, tried killing you with an offensive weapon.

If you're unsure if a carbomb is allowed in a certain scenario, you can always press F6 and make a help & support ticket. In which you explain the scenario and the reason you would put a carbomb on said vehicle. A helper or staff member will then reply to you and give you some clarification!
Just confirming that I read what you said, I think everyone else cleared it up a little bit but I can say that we did not make the connection to the bombs being mentioned, we just assumed that Car bomb could go under "remote" explosives.

And yeah, that was really our thought, to not give the enemy time to regroup and fight us. because why put yourself in a fair situation. "Defeat in detail" if you want to try and get a fancy word for it. There could obviously be an issue with "fairness" but let's be real, going deep in that rabbit hole will only give the admins a headache.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.