Undercover Policing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roj

Reaction score
Discussion Post:
Having access to an unmarked Police vehicle is certainly something that would be nice, maybe only 1-2 available in the pool of Police vehicles to avoid having all 12 officers with unmarked cars. Calling them UUUNNDEERRCOVER, YEAAAAH BOOYYYYY makes people think they're secret agents and go around doing drug busts. When really we'd just use them as regular Police vehicles, the only thing is they're covert so they do get the upperhand for detecting crime.

Same goes for the undercover police suggestion. Again, it would be lovely to have, but just referring them as plain clothes officers, they would have exactly the same duties as a regular officer, respond to things as normal, but again they just get the upperhand for detecting crime as they're not uniformed.

It would be great if someone could create a proper suggestion outlining how it would all work. Previously I've always thought it would be nice just going to the armory and asking for some civilian clothing to change into and going to the NPC upstairs and asking for an unmarked cruiser.

https://perpheads.com/threads/undercover-cars.21518/

Main Idea: Undercover Policing

Full description of the idea: The whole idea is to set up a non-uniformed division within Paralake. That means that they will wear everyday clothing and will try to their best ability to not get detected as Officer.

The main structure will be a whole new division, you apply for the non-uniformed division and you will be able to go on duty with your everyday clothing. The non-uniformed will patrol around areas that are known for their crimes such as Bazaar and Subs. they will do stakeouts if the uniformed police asks for it.

An non-uniformed officer will have a unmarked car. in the trunk of the vehicle there will be items that an everyday officer has on him, such as a baton, door buster and road spikes. they should not be used unless they have to get into action and have to persue someone. But they are not allowed to be the first one in line in a high-speed persuit due to them not having a marked police car. The non-uniformed will carry a pistol and cuffs when he is patrolling around, for his own safety and the safety of his environment.

As well as stakeouts the non-uniformed division will have a couple of cars to use such as a Ford Crown vic. due to that being a cheap car and used alot.

The ranking structure with non-uniformed and uniformed is that the non-uniformed will not be able to show their rank unless a supervisor call is comming in, they will listen to requests from any rank within the PLPD about stakeouts and patrolling the area.

Why should it be added?: This should be added because the PLPD needs some eyes without being seen in public. Right now the dispatcher job is not being used alot meaning the PLPD has not eyes everywhere.

This should also be added because when an officer is doing stakeouts they are easily seen by suspects and are in marked cars.

Pros:
  • The PLPD will have eyes about everywhere when those officers are on duty.
  • The Stakeouts will go way easier.
  • The PLPD can easier see if someone has drugs due to people being able to trust the man for looking like a civ.
  • civ's won't just break laws due to them knowing there could be an non-uniformed around.
Cons:
  • This could be abused by making people break laws.
*Other additions:
Non as of right now.

hqdefault.jpg

C085E1D3E77A774FED8F635D1FA666C12CE0FF36

I would like to say that these cars are just examples.

Reaction score
I don't see the need to make it so complex as of yet. If we do whitelist, we are wanting to have a team plan some sort of investigator position in the PD (detective) but for this suggestion, really it wouldnt have to be another division, just simply a regular patrol officer, literally just doing their exact job but in an unmarked vehicle, bonus is if the PD need something watched covertly they can use the unmarked car. Would be great for them to have a marked police vest in their trunk which they can put over their clothing so they can be identified as officers in raids, traffic stops etc.

Roj

Reaction score
I don't see the need to make it so complex as of yet. If we do whitelist, we are wanting to have a team plan some sort of investigator position in the PD (detective) but for this suggestion, really it wouldnt have to be another division, just simply a regular patrol officer, literally just doing their exact job but in an unmarked vehicle, bonus is if the PD need something watched covertly they can use the unmarked car. Would be great for them to have a marked police vest in their trunk which they can put over their clothing so they can be identified as officers in raids, traffic stops etc.

I agree on the part about the vests, but giving every officer in the PLPD the abbility to become a unmarked officer could be easily abused. If you would give it to every officer, then to like SO+

Reaction score
Just a little suggestion ere'. I was thinking, so if we allowed "sweater cops" to be this, then it would go, let's say, ape shit. So, instead of that, why not allow it to be only trusted members of the PLPD, such as Corporal+. This way, other officers can be sure the person behind the wheel of the unmarked police car won't be doing any illegal acts, and if they did, they'd be punished through I.A (Internal Affairs).

Other than that. Good suggestion.

Reaction score
I agree on the part about the vests, but giving every officer in the PLPD the abbility to become a unmarked officer could be easily abused. If you would give it to every officer, then to like SO+

I would agree, which is why I'd like this impmeneted if and when we whitelist the Police Department. When whitelisted it would probably be available to at least Corporal+ so they understand their roles and responsibilities as an officer when in plain clothes, which is not being a secret agent detective guy.

Reaction score
Why do you need any of this? You can already do most of this by giving the police information on crime and in some situations respond with (deadly) force. It's called being a snitch ;)

Reaction score
Why do you need any of this? You can already do most of this by giving the police information on crime and in some situations respond with (deadly) force. It's called being a snitch ;)
Yes, but being a snitch isn't the thread, an undercover officer would be useful in many situations, such as catching speed racers or even being able to walk through a bazaar shop and ask about buying illegal stuff, obviously within reason without breaking any laws.

Reaction score
Yes, but being a snitch isn't the thread, an undercover officer would be useful in many situations, such as catching speed racers or even being able to walk through a bazaar shop and ask about buying illegal stuff, obviously within reason without breaking any laws.

I'll give you a situation that happened yesterday, a situation where an undercover cop could not have done better then what i did without blowing his cover or breaking 3.4.

Friends shop was being raided by @Walker and his gang, instead of joining in the gunfight against an M82 i went on being a 'snitch' to get them taken down by the cops. See for yourself:

You can easily RP as an 'undercover cop' if you wanted to, you don't need no car or weapons or anything really. Get yourself acquainted with a LT or something and tell them what you're doing, get a direct number to call if you want to. You can use a phone or camera to do a '/me starts recording on phone' to get any evidence you need (you will have to show this evidence as picture or video).

A1L

Reaction score
+Support , Would love to see this added to the PLPD , as people said it could be for certain ranks or maybe a division.

Reaction score
I think this is a brilliant idea but like many other people have said it can be abused but people also said it would be certain ranks such as corporal+ which I also strongly agree with.

This would be a great idea because it gives white listed ranks of the PLPD a different type of role play experience. It would also be very fun to be undercover in a base and the people who are in the base have no idea that you are an Officer.

If this was added I think that when you become an undercover officer you should keep the clothes that your wearing on because if the PLPD had separate citizen clothes people would start to recognize them. Also I think that they should have a police badge so that when you try and deal with a situation you can prove that you are an PLPD Officer by left clicking with the badge and it holds the badge up.

Reaction score
I would agree, which is why I'd like this impmeneted if and when we whitelist the Police Department. When whitelisted it would probably be available to at least Corporal+ so they understand their roles and responsibilities as an officer when in plain clothes, which is not being a secret agent detective guy.
Love your idea however maybe make a little more exclusive maybe lt or at least sergeant ( this is coming from a corporal , as corporal already gains a lot of access from senior therefore I don't think this should be corporal +

Status
Not open for further replies.