University Offers/Apprenticships

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Hello lads,

At this time of year a lot of people in the UK aged 17/18 will be applying or have applied for Uni. After reviewing my offers, I'm curious to what the community plan on doing in the future be it a degree or apprenticeship. With UCAS in the UK, you are reccomended to apply for 5 Universities which can give you conditional and unconditional offers depending what course you do or grades you get.

I've applied to do a undergraduate Physics BSc degree in:

Manchester - A*A*A
Leeds - AAB
Cardiff - ABB
Swansea - BBB
Aberystwyth - BCC

Manchester would be a dream, 2 Nobel Prize winners and Bryan Cox lecturing first years. Always wanted to go to Manchester areq loving football thats why I chose Leeds as well. Swansea would be good as I'm close to home and can carry on playing football here. Aberystwyth is good for insurance.

What do all of you have planned for the future?

Reaction score
i dont know university is annoying because it costs money and im not aspiring to be anything so i might hook up with @DannyD and work at spar all my life

Reaction score
I actually have an interview tomorrow for an apprenticeship in a Digital Marketing firm. Uni is not my kind of thing so I'm avoiding going to it, mainly because I dunno what I want to do and don't want to dedicate myself fully to anything yet.

i might hook up with @DannyD and work at spar all my life
sorry you're on your own friend

Reaction score
If you're capable enough to get A*, A* and an A at A-Level why don't you look into a sponsored degree. A lot of companies like the company I work for (National Physical Laboratory) will pay for you to to go to uni and then you come in the summer and work with them (paid work). At the end of it you get a free degree, pay and a guaranteed job.

Or, just do a degree apprenticeship again where a company will pay for your uni and then give you a job so instead of loosing money you're making money and getting trained.

As for my future currently on an Apprenticeship with about 1 year left, studying to be a Network Engineer hopefully will stay at NPL for about 6 months or so after my contract expires on their normal employee salary (apprentice salary is cut heavily due to them paying for your college fees etc so my salary will practically double) then move over to a networking company like Cisco or something or maybe get someone to pay for a degree.

rat

Reaction score
Warwick maths - a*a*a*
Warwick MMORSE - a*aa
Bath maths - a*aa
York maths - abb

Can't be getting 3 a*'s so I might go bath maths or Warwick mmorse

Reaction score
I've been accepted into electrical installation at level 2 at a nearby college, I have also applied for many apprenticeships to become an electricians apprentice. Hopefully, after my apprenticeship is over (should be 3 years or so) I'm hoping to work in a port nearby to where I live as an electrical engineer. I'm 16 and I've had this shit mapped out for years, gotta keep ahead of the game dewd.

Reaction score
can someone please explain me the british education system and these grades and shit? more confusing than your politics

Reaction score
can someone please explain me the british education system and these grades and shit? more confusing than your politics

Well um, you go to school, you take GSCEs, and after that, an O level, I think, and then you either get a shit job, or get a ton of student debt and go to uni for four years, then come out with a useless certificate, and then you get a shit job. Or finally, you can get a shit paying job that lasts two years and you get a certificate after that too.

Although of course, Scotland for the most part has no tuition fees, so option B is pretty good init.
scotland-flag-std_4.jpg

Reaction score

I think in the end the UK education system is even worse then ours if you compare the 2 countrys. ( And ours is shit already)

Ayjay

Reaction score
Hello lads,

At this time of year a lot of people in the UK aged 17/18 will be applying or have applied for Uni. After reviewing my offers, I'm curious to what the community plan on doing in the future be it a degree or apprenticeship. With UCAS in the UK, you are reccomended to apply for 5 Universities which can give you conditional and unconditional offers depending what course you do or grades you get.

I've applied to do a undergraduate Physics BSc degree in:

Manchester - A*A*A
Leeds - AAB
Cardiff - ABB
Swansea - BBB
Aberystwyth - BCC

Manchester would be a dream, 2 Nobel Prize winners and Bryan Cox lecturing first years. Always wanted to go to Manchester areq loving football thats why I chose Leeds as well. Swansea would be good as I'm close to home and can carry on playing football here. Aberystwyth is good for insurance.

What do all of you have planned for the future?

Go to Leeds, I'm not biased or anything.

image.jpg