Upgrade cars/Making cars more realistic (For Increased gaming experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Upgrade cars/Making cars more realistic (For Increased gaming experience)

Short explanation (in notes):
-Indicators
-Lock & Open effect
-

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
Indicators - I want the Indicators on the car to work. Not really for turns of something just for when you open the car the "Yellow" Indicators should flash twice. This may get more realistic so you may know if the car is closed or not. Well, if you may be able to add indicators for turns it would also be awesome. Only if the indicator flashes when you've close the car it would be pretty cool. The yellow indicators should also flash together with the front lights when the car alarm is sounding because of more realism. Because now you only hear the sound of the stolen car and may not be able to know which car it could be.

Lock & Open effect - You should make it able to open the car from distance. You know todays car are having a special range to open the cars. Which is quite nice if you would be able to do in the game since you have forgotten to close your car you don't have to get back to close it. Instead just pressing the Left button and the car closes. When you're supposed to open and close you should be needed to aim at the car. And it should be a maximum distance.

Optional additions:
-None
-
-

Reaction score
+- support. Its a nice feature to have but necessary?.... i dont know.

Reaction score
Considering it took us a good 3 hours just to position headlights and taillights as they are now, I can expect just as much time taken to do those, not to mention the actual coding behind the scenes. So while I would ask if someone could get the relative position for the lights for the car, I doubt anyone knows how or might pick the wrong light at times so we would have to review them anyways. All in all it is a long tedious process that is A) completely boring and B) not highest priority.

As mentioned, indicators have been suggested before, and we will do them when we have time to do all that, as for the remote locking/unlocking, I see no problem with having it so you must go over to the vehicle itself, I doubt it really bothers many people that they must lock their car manually.

All in all, yes vehicles could be improved in many ways beyond just these ideas, but as for now, they're functional and we are still working on what will be a huge update, although from a player perspective it may not seem like as much as it is, but needless to say, it is integral that we do it for future plans, as well as general gameplay.

Reaction score
^ cant wait for this huge update haha =P
New features are always fun in my opinion.

Reaction score
+/- Support, This idea has been mentioned before, by many people, the lock and open idea is good, but the only problem I have with it is that for a start, crappy cars wouldn't have one because some were probably made in the early 70s, also the police would have trouble with this because criminals would be able to unlock their car and then hop in, while that takes less time for the police, but yeah, it needs some work before it's going to be a great idea.

Reaction score
StephenPuffs;n23341 said:
Considering it took us a good 3 hours just to position headlights and taillights as they are now, I can expect just as much time taken to do those, not to mention the actual coding behind the scenes. So while I would ask if someone could get the relative position for the lights for the car, I doubt anyone knows how or might pick the wrong light at times so we would have to review them anyways. All in all it is a long tedious process that is A) completely boring and B) not highest priority.

As mentioned, indicators have been suggested before, and we will do them when we have time to do all that, as for the remote locking/unlocking, I see no problem with having it so you must go over to the vehicle itself, I doubt it really bothers many people that they must lock their car manually.

All in all, yes vehicles could be improved in many ways beyond just these ideas, but as for now, they're functional and we are still working on what will be a huge update, although from a player perspective it may not seem like as much as it is, but needless to say, it is integral that we do it for future plans, as well as general gameplay.

Stephen I get it. But for future this would be a good idea.

Reaction score
Accepted. The Indicators part.... although just like Stephen mentioned it its not on our highest priority and will be done in the future.

//Closed and moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.